Public Power Advocates in New Bid for Portland, Ore., Utility
- Balancing Renewables and Meeting Peak Demand. // Electric Perspectives;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p66
The article reports that Portland General Electric (PGE) announced that its natural gas-based Port Westward Unit 2 facility in Oregon is now available to generate electricity for consumers. Topics covered include how the plant will help meet real-time fluctuations in customer demand and to...
- Integrated substation looks like one RTU to dispatchers. Koch, William // Electrical World;Dec95, Vol. 209 Issue 12, p33
Focuses on the use of a substation integration system (SIS) by Portland General Electric Co. (PGE) for electric power distribution. Automation of functions; Comparison of operating costs with alternative technologies; Description of SIS technology features and functions; Expansion plans for the...
- WWW.paybill. Leone, Marie // Electrical World;Mar1998, Vol. 212 Issue 3, p8
States that customers of Portland General Electric Company with home computers has the ability to receive and pay the monthly electric bills with the use of the Internet. Information on the CheckFree-E-Bill service; How the service operates.
- Business & Finance. // Christian Science Monitor;11/9/99, Vol. 91 Issue 241, p20
Relates financial and business news for November 1999, including the decision of Enron Corp. to sell Portland General Electric to Sierra Pacific Resources.
- The halls of academe. // Electric Perspectives;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the Concordia College's use of the training facilities of an idle nuclear plant site of Portland General Electric (PGE). Planned use of the plant and its environs as a laboratory; Support provided by PGE; Comments of Grieg Anderson, assistant to PGE's chairman.
- Portland General Electric shuts Trojan plant to save money. // Electric Light & Power;Mar1993, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the closure of Portland General Electric's (PGE) Trojan nuclear plant. Uncertainty from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC); Financial risks; Defeating the November 1992 closure order; Statement from PGE chairman and chief executive officer Ken L. Harrison.
- PGE turns key on T&D project. Cavanaugh, Herbert A. // Electrical World;Sep95, Vol. 209 Issue 9, p74
Highlights the new investment projects of Portland General Electric Co. (PGE). Comments of Carver Project Manager Don Hammond, on the turnkey approach of PGE; Focus on the benefits of turnkey approach of PGE.
- Coyote Springs Power Plant Increases Capacity. Smith, Douglas J. // Power Engineering;Sep2002, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p71
Discusses the installation of an additional duct firing to the existing unfired heat recovery steam generator in the Coyote Springs Power Generating Plant of Portland General Electric company in Morrow, Oregon. Challenges to the installation of the duct burners; Benefits from the installation...
- PGE Crews Work to Restore Power to Thousands After Powerful Storm. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;9/30/2013, p1
The article offers information regarding electric power breakdown due to powerful Storm in the Portland, England metro area and the Oregon Coast, Oregon. It mentions power outages faced by the electric services provider Portland General Electric (PGE) and efforts made by the PGE crew to restore...