Fitch Lowers Houston GOs To AA-Minus
- Supreme Court decides against IRS on statute of limitations question when basis is understated. Gray, Michael // Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight;Jun2012, p9
The article reports on a U.S. Supreme Court decision upholding the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in finding about the under-reporting of a taxpayer's income by over 25 percent, but over-reporting the tax basis of a sale.
- CALIFORNIA: Long Beach Looks Stable. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32482, p35
The article reports on the outlook revision of Fitch Ratings for Long Beach to stable from negative on the city's outstanding lease obligations worth $54 million of tax and revenue anticipation in the U.S. Fitch gave a rating of F1-plus to the Trans and confirmed an A-plus rating for $429...
- IFRS tax issues will not immediately impact U.K. SPVs. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;2/28/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p16
The article reports that as per the analysts at Fitch Ratings Inc., the ratings on Great Britain special purpose vehicles (SPVs) remain unaffected by the uncertainty surrounding the implementation of the new International Financial Reporting Standards and the potential tax implications for these...
- ILLINOIS: Chicago Fuel Bonds Fall. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/4/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33361, p7
The article announces that Fitch Ratings Ltd. has downgraded Chicago, Illinois' motor-fuel tax bonds one notch to A-minus and has given negative forecast to the rating's link to Illinois' credit.
- Chicago Motor-Fuel Credit Suffers From Its Link to Illinois. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;6/6/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33924, p4
The article reports that the rating agency Fitch Ratings Ltd. has dropped down the rating of motor-fuel tax revenue bonds of Chicago, Illinois.
- Bermuda Tax Advantage Safe…For Now. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / P&C;3/17/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p8
The article focuses on the economic impact of the tax advantage offered by Bermuda to companies. A recent Fitch Ratings report suggests that the lack of income tax in the region is making it an important insurance and reinsurance market. In related note, Fitch Ratings gives Bermuda an AA- rating...
- Fitch Proposes Rating Criteria Changes on Tax-Supported Debt. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;9/10/2015, p1
Fitch Ratings released a draft on Thursday detailing changes to its U.S. tax-supported bond rating criteria. The rating agency said it expects less than 10% of the ratings covered would be affected.
- Japan credit rating cut. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/28/2015, pA02
The article reports on the cut of Japan's sovereign debt rating by statistical rating company Fitch Ratings Ltd. as the government delayed its planned tax hike to pay its debt burden.
- NY's Tax Overhaul, Said to Raise Taxes on the Rich, Actually Doesn't - ProPublica. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;12/ 6/2011, p9
The article reports that the tax overhaul that New York state passed has been widely described in news reports as raising taxes on the rich and cutting them for the middle class. Under the overhaul, one bracket of wealthy New Yorkers will get a bigger tax cut than the taxpayers in any other bracket.