Power OVER Ethernet
- New CAT prowls the factory. Rostan, Martin; Sheble, Nicholas // InTech;Sep2004, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p117
This article provides information on the Ethernet for Control Automation Technology (EtherCAT). EtherCAT is an open technology, submitted for standardization within the International Electrotechnical Commission and the International Organization for Standardization and has the support of an...
- FIBER INTERFACE. // Broadcast Engineering;Dec2005, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p100
The article features the Aviom and Fiberplex LightViper EF2 fiber interface from Aviom Inc. in the United States. Ethernet snake is compatible with A-Net for use with all Aviom Pro16 products. It has the ability to convert Ethernet-based data to fiber for transmission over distances.
- SERCOS III unanimously accepted as IEC standard. // Control Engineering;Jan2008, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p30
The article reports on the move by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) to approve SERCOS III, a real-time Ethernet version of the SErial Realtime COmmunication System (SERCOS) interface. SERCOS III will become part of the international standard IEC 61784-2 for digital data...
- Fieldbus coupler with Ethernet interface. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Oct2005, p20
The article reports on the release of the Cube67 field-bus coupler with Ethernet interface from Murrelektronik. It is designed to provide transparency between the layers of automation as well as simple, worldwide availability of process and diagnostic data. A description of the coupler is provided.
- Ethernet LANs: Workable Solutions for Security. Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2004, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p78
Focuses on the use of Ethernet LAN in the security systems industry. Need of an individual Internet protocol address that is unique to the branch or segment of the network to which the computer is connected; Important characteristics of the Ethernet; Use of Ethernet switches to reduce collisions...
- BRIDGE TO TERABIT ETHERNET. Duffy, Jim // Network World;4/20/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p24
The article reports on the shipment of the 40/100 gigabit Ethernet products in the late of 2009 in the U.S. It notes that the standards-compliant of Ethernet products such server network interface cards, switch uplinks and switches will be shipped in the second half of 2010, after the...
- Another One Rides the Bus. Judd, Bob // EE: Evaluation Engineering;Jan2007, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p14
The article evaluates several interfaces for data acquisition including the Ethernet Data Acquisition Box, Firewire developed by Apple Computer and the general purpose interface bus, originally developed by Hewlett Packard.
- Simplify 10 Gbits/s Over Fiber Or Copper. Frenzel, Louis E. // Electronic Design;10/4/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 22, p31
This article reports that improved implementation of high speed optical interfaces for 10-Gbit Ethernet, Sonet/SDH, and Fibre Channel networks is the catalyst behind the XT38720 CMOS XFI interface. The interface is a transceiver that serializes and deserializes 32 input data streams to a single...
- Support for industry Ethernet standard. // Electronics Weekly;10/19/2005, Issue 2214, p24
Evaluates KS8893MQL, an integrated switch/repeater from Micrel Inc. Key features of the product; Focus on KSZ8842-PMQL is a 2-port Ethernet switch/repeater featuring a third port, 32 bit/33MHz PCI v2.2 host processor interface; Information on its low latency repeater feature, which provides a...