UTILITIES TO FLEETS: Remote's Here
- WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT. Maddry, Terry // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p61
Shares insights on customer's preferences for access control systems. Attribution of changing access needs of the organization and problems with a current system as the two most important reasons why a buyer purchases a different electronic access control system; Factors affecting the...
- Access the potential of optical turnstiles. O'Mara, Deborah L. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p81
Focuses on the potential use of optical turnstiles as an important component of an access control system sold by security dealers and systems integrators in the United States. Ease of installing optical turnstiles; Operation of optical turnstiles; Advantages offered by optical turnstiles to an...
- Same story, new challenges, looming threats. Zalud // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p60
Presents an outlook for the electronic security systems industry in year 2000. Results of a survey of electronic securities systems dealer and installer firms; Three major categories of the industry; Revenue growth predictions; Dealer diversification.
- REARRANGING THE FUTURE. Stepanek, Laura E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2001, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p52
Focuses on the 11th annual ranking of the electronic security installing firms of the Security Distributing & Marketing (SDM) in the United States. Focus on beefing up internal sales and installation; Consolidation of unrelated divisions of the SDM firms; Illustration of the diversification...
- Security systems in demand. Glenn, David J. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/20/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p27
Reports on the success of the electronic security systems industry in the United States. Factors that contributed to the industry's success; Security threats commonly encountered by households and businesses in the country. INSET: Steps to improve security.
- Integrator Leaders Push $1 Billion. Stepanek, Laura E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul99, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on fourth annual ranking system of electronic security firms created by 'Security Distributing & Marketing' magazine. Criteria for selection of firms; List of top systems integrators of 1999; Statistics on revenue generated by security firms in 1998.
- The integrable client. Colombo // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p59
Presents recommendations for security company owners and managers on placing their companies closer to the integrated systems market. Determination of how and when an integrated security system can benefit a client; Preservation of the existing customer base; Capabilities of system integration;...
- Electronic Gear Shows Strong Growth. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2000, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p78
Presents an outlook for the electronic security sector of the private security industry. Results of a study by the Freedonia Group; Potential growth of security niches; Explosives detection systems for airports; Electronic article surveillance in retail settings.
- Hot Electronic Side. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2000, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p110
Reports on the prospects for the electronic security systems industry in the United States, for 2000-2004. Projected growth by the end of the period; Market niches expected to perform well; Electronic security systems driving growth in the industry.