Security School Bells Ring
- PROJECT INTEGRATION: THE VIDEO EDGE. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p67
Reports on the advancement of video integration with alarm and access control systems. Advantages of the video integration; Applicability of video integration not just for commercial and governmental installations but also for homeowners and municipalities where police no longer dispatch unless...
- FOUR-CHANNEL DVR ALLOWS LIVE MONITORING OVER INTERNET. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p130
The article introduces Speco Technologies' DVR-IP4CF/160 that allows live monitoring over the Internet. The DVR-IP4CF/160 is a four-channel digital video recorder (DVR) that permits the user to back up video files directly to a CompactFlash card so that law enforcement can receive them or they...
- EMBEDDED VIDEO STANDS ALONE. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p146
The article introduces the AVerMedia AVerD-VR EB1000 and the EB1004 BAK embedded video stand-alone surveillance digital video recorders (DVR) from AVerMedia Technologies. It describes the key features and advantages offered by the DVRs. Motion detection recording and input/output control for...
- EQUIPMENT FREE WITH SERVICE CONTRACT. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p159
The article reports on Alarm King Inc.'s efforts to help dealers earn more per sale on a basic four-camera system by having them give the system away with a service contract. The digital video recorders are sold at wholesale. The company also offers monitors and cameras of all types.
- Watch and Learn. Shaver, John Michael // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jun2007, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p26
The article offers information on the video surveillance industry and latest technologies used in the field. It is mentioned that due to the increasing competition in the industry, surveillance equipment are now available at affordable prices with various technological improvements. Several...
- DIGITAL VIDEO PACKAGE IS PORTABLE. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p130
The article introduces Electronic Services Agency's portable digital video package that can be used for vehicle fieldwork with capabilities for four to 16 cameras. It discusses the compatibility of the digital video package with personal computers using a USB connection. The key features and...
- Access the potential of optical turnstiles. O'Mara, Deborah L. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p81
Focuses on the potential use of optical turnstiles as an important component of an access control system sold by security dealers and systems integrators in the United States. Ease of installing optical turnstiles; Operation of optical turnstiles; Advantages offered by optical turnstiles to an...
- Same story, new challenges, looming threats. Zalud // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p60
Presents an outlook for the electronic security systems industry in year 2000. Results of a survey of electronic securities systems dealer and installer firms; Three major categories of the industry; Revenue growth predictions; Dealer diversification.
- Security systems in demand. Glenn, David J. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/20/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p27
Reports on the success of the electronic security systems industry in the United States. Factors that contributed to the industry's success; Security threats commonly encountered by households and businesses in the country. INSET: Steps to improve security.