Comfort Plus Security
- One Expert Offers Practical Advice For Making Over Your Facility. Saunders, Robert // Credit Union Journal;7/26/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p15
Provides practical advice for makeover of credit union facilities. Significance of advances in design technology for effective project design of space; Importance of space planning and design on renovation program; Need for a review of the condition and function of the existing furniture.
- Small Changes Could Help Big Space. // Credit Union Journal;7/26/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p16
Provides tips on how to improve the workspace in credit union facilities. Use of prime and paint wood paneling to create the look of detail on the walls; Selection of indirect and feature lighting for specific areas or displays; Consideration of an upgrade of the check writing desk.
- Environment: Profitable greenfields. // Buildings;Jun96, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p92
Focuses on environmental issues related to building management. Safety rules and environmental hazards; Savings from environmental engineering; Toilet rebate program.
- Engineers educate engineers of the future. WILSON, ANT // Heating & Ventilating Review;Mar2010, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p7
The author reflects on the influence of building services engineers on British society based on the report "Engineering built on a low-carbon environment," released by the Royal Academy of Engineers in 2010.
- Information ... coming fast and furious to a building near you. Turpin, Joanna R. // Engineered Systems;Jan1999, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p68
States that the glut of information concerning building automation systems is a cause of concern for facility managers. Inability to manage the amounts of data collected on a daily basis; Utilization of an energy management or control system by commercial buildings; Advantages of installing a...
- Commissioning power. Coyle, Timothy // Engineered Systems;Jan1999, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p100
Discusses various aspects of the commissioning process, or a system of ensuring and documenting that a piece of equipment or an entire facility performs in accordance with its design intent. Scope of the commissioning process for commercial buildings; Emphasis on energy conservation and...
- BRE publishes guidance on BEMS. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Mar2014, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that BRE has published two papers namely "Understanding the Choices for Building Controls" and "Operating BEMS: A Practical Guide to Building Energy Management Systems" designed to help non-technical clients and building occupants to specify building controls.
- Movable Glass Walls Improve on Function and Form. Curtland, Chris // Buildings;Jul2012, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p24
The article suggests the use of interior movable glass walls to improve on function and form of an office. It explains how demountable glass walls can increase functionality through reduction of cost and effort required for reconfigurating workspaces. Several factors are considered for retrofit...
- Light your way to better quality. Larson, Melissa // Quality;Jan98, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p44
Asserts that better lighting can boost quality and productivity in the workplace. Example cases to illustrate the argument; Goals of an improved lighting system; Areas of most common concern from a lighting standpoint; Type of light which achieves the desired effect; Importance of flexible...