News in brief
- Sales jump at HoF. // Cabinet Maker;9/28/2001, Issue 5257, p5
Reports the increase in the sales of the department store chain House of Fraser PLC in Great Britain.
- Christmas cheer is thin on the ground. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;12/13/2002, Issue 5317, p4
Reports on the share bid of the furniture company House of Fraser from entrepreneur Tom Hunter. Details on the trading record of the firm; Increase of pre-tax loss of the company for six month operation; Prediction of stock market analysts on the operation of the firm.
- Select Content for HoF. // Cabinet Maker;6/6/2003, Issue 5341, p4
Reports on the list of furniture retailers joining the Content by Conran show in Great Britain. Expansion plans of House of Fraser PLC; Floorspace allocations; Benefits of the show for the industry.
- House of Fraser sets a brand new approach. // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2003, Issue 5343, p5
Reports on the House of Fraser's range of furniture for autumn/winter 2003. Plan of the chain to focus on the contemporary in its drive to be the best at brands; Upholstery from Vissers and Trend; Sales growth experienced by the company.
- TAKE 5. // Cabinet Maker;8/12/2011, Issue 5750, p11
The article presents news briefs on the furniture industry, including those on Ellis Furniture, supplier Arthur Brett, and House of Fraser.
- Ligne Roset in ...150,000 push for modern furniture. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;09/04/98, Issue 5104, p3
Focuses on British furniture firm Ligne Roset's advertising campaign that will be published in leading periodicals in September through November 1998. Campaign message; Aim to promote Ligne Roset as a brand rather than specific products; Advertising budget.
- Ligne Roset launch. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p10
The article reports that Ligne Roset will open a showroom in Swiss Cottage in London, England. The showroom will feature a specialist lighting section. Ligne Roset has a total of three London store outlets which offer designer furniture for living, dining and bedrooms and lighting. A team of...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;02/02/2001, Issue 5223, p3
Presents news briefs pertaining to the furniture manufacturing and retail industries in Great Britain, as of February 2, 2001. British Shops and Stores Association's holding of a retailing course for managers; Opening of a store in Surrey, England, by House of Fraser PLC; Kitchen Specialists...
- HoF says it's open to 'serious' takeover bids. // Cabinet Maker;3/28/2003, Issue 5330, p4
Reports on the plan of furniture manufacturer House of Fraser PLC to consider serious takeover bids in Great Britain. Pre-exceptional pre-tax profits; Furniture trading.