Far West bond-watch
- Southwest bond-watch. Sanders, Lisa; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30711, p31
Presents news briefs related to public finance in the Southwest, as of August 24, 1999. Includes subpoena issued to six Little Rock, Arkansas, finance department employees in connection with an inspection into the city's investments; Colorado attorney general Ken Salazar's reversal of an...
- New Tack for Maryland Schools. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;3/2/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33274, p1
The article reports on the municipal bonds issued by the Maryland Health and Higher Educational Facilities Authority expectedly in 2010 for the expansion of Baltimore projects. It notes the the bonds comprise of 13.4 million dollars tax-exempt and 410,000 dollars taxable debt which would finance...
- Comal, Tex., School District Going TO Market With $105 Million of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p40
The article reports that the Comal Independent School District in Texas will be issuing at least $105 million general obligation bonds in the first issuance from a $189.2 million authorization approved by voters. Proceeds from the bond sale will be used to finance new schools and facilities and...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Watts, Jim; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/25/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32245, p27
Reports on municipal bonds-related developments in the Southwestern States. Decision of Mayor Phil Gordon to give multimillion dollar funds to the University of Arizona's College of Medicine for its proposed downtown campus; Issuance of revenue bonds to finance the construction of two new campus...
- A Charter First. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;12/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32033, p29
The article reports that in the third charter school bond deal to be sold in the Pennsylvania, the Allegheny County Industrial Development Authority last week sold $4.25 million of bonds on behalf of Propel Schools. The Propel School is a K-8 facility in Homestead, just outside of Pittsburgh...
- Spring Branch ISD to Float $596M Bond Plan. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/2/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32662, p4
The article reports that the Spring Branch Independent School District is expecting to ask voters for $596 million of general obligation bonds to renovate and expand schools in Dallas, Texas. According to Curt Martin, co-chairman of Bond Advisory Committee, the proposal is not about fancy...
- 2003 public funds return. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov2003, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p74
Presents a chart depicting the U.S. and offshore public funds returns as of September 2003.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;05/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30892, p20
Reports on bonds issued by cities and school districts in the United States in May 2000. Bonds issued by the City of Ankeny, Iowa, by Eastern Iowa Community College, Bay City School District in Michigan and others; Amount of bonds; Yield rates; Due dates; Other features.
- More area schools, cities issuing bonds. Stoffer, Jason // Crain's Detroit Business;07/19/99, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p31
Reports on the trend toward higher bond ratings and lower interest rates that allow more Detroit, Michigan schools to issue bonds. Total public debt issued in Michigan in 1998; Benefit of the issuance of more debt by school boards and municipalities to taxpayers.