Results of international CFTC survey reveals little OTC uniformity
- Hedging Their Bets? // Securities Industry News;01/08/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p3
Presents data on over-the-counter derivatives for the week of January 8, 2001. Appeal of credit derivatives in terms of average weekly trade volume.
- Nybot Adapts to E-Order Routing. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;2/24/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the use of Electronic Order Routing (EOR) system from a derivative exchange of the U.S., New York Board of Trade (Nybot) for commodity contracts. Features of EOR; Success of Nybot in implementing of EOR systems.
- AN OVERVIEW OF DERIVATIVES LITIGATION, 1994 TO 2000. Finnerty, John D.; Brown, Mark S. // Fordham Journal of Corporate & Financial Law;2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p131
Provides an overview of federal derivatives lawsuits filed and regulatory enforcement actions taken in the U.S. before between 1994 and 2000. Primary purpose behind investing in derivative instruments; Specific cases that highlight some of the important issues pertaining to derivatives...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31192, p35
Presents data depicting derivatives and structured products in the United States as of July 31, 2001. Bond Market Association municipal swap index; Index-linked muni swaps; Swap rates versus bond yields.
- Senate committee sets hearing on derivatives. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;11/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30520, p2
Reports that the United States Senate Agriculture Committee has planed to hold hearings to review the progress of a study of over-the-counter derivatives.
- European exchange takes on US. // BRW;9/25/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p15
Reports that Eurex, the German-Swiss derivatives exchange, has unveiled detailed plans to set up a derivatives exchange in Chicago, Illinois in early 2004.
- Europe. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan1999, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the alliance between Eurex and Helsinki Exchanges for the trading of Finnish derivatives products on the Eurex's platform in Europe. Listing of Helsinki's core products; Helsinki's deal with Deutsche Borse to trade stock listings.
- Global derivatives suits shape new body of law. Wipperfurth, Heike // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/10/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p6
Reports updates on global derivatives suits. Factors affecting the rise of derivatives suits; Examples of derivative suits; Impact derivative suits on derivative securities law.
- The Story with Paper. Longo, Mark // Traders Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 19 Issue 254, p30
The article comments on how options professionals spend most of their time thinking about paper, the key to almost everything in the securities industry in the United States. It discusses the need for options professionals to know what paper is doing, which reflects institutional activity. The...