School and arena GOs may be too much for Omaha voters
- Tiff Over Turf. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32124, p31
The article reports that in Texas, Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District trustees have questioned the issuance of bonds for synthetic turf at high school and middle school athletic fields and a stadium. Also, a proposed US$108 million bond is to be issued for the district near...
- Board Oks new fields at Francis Howell High. Castile, Raymond // Wentzville Journal;2/22/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 8, pA1
The article reports that the Francis Howell School District in Saint Charles, Missouri has decided to proceed with plans to establish a new athletic complex.
- Omaha Seeks Underwriters to Handle Arena, Convention Center Deal. Wisniewski, Mark // Bond Buyer;07/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30941, p3
Reports that Omaha, Nebraska has launched a selection process for underwriters on a general obligation issue to fund construction of a convention center and sports arena. Specifics of the debt issue; Requirements from underwriters; Selection of Kirkpatrick Pettis as one of the senior managers.
- School district taps into trend of conference center mgmt. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/09/98, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p16
Announces the Birmingham Public Schools' plan to open the BPS Corporate Training and Conference Center, being constructed next to the Groves High School in Michigan, in spring 1998. Companies scheduled to meet at the facility; Description of the conference center; Hiring of Marriott Management...
- NCAA's new facilities are drawing attention. Schoettle // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/25/99, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p6A
Focuses on the National Collegiate Athletic Association's (NCAA) Hall of Champions in Indianapolis, Indiana. Opening in March 2000; Combination of state-of-the-art exhibits with meeting space for the NCAA and outside groups; Facility's location at the White River State Park; Estimated annual...
- Edifice Complex. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Fedgazette;Mar2001, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
Reports that several cities in the United States plan to build sports and convention facilities for economic purposes. Benefits of hosting a minor league sports franchise; Expansion of the Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center; Cost of the Fargodome construction.
- Grand Center And Arena Revenues Still Remain Strong. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/1/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p3
Focuses on the strong financial performance of the Grand Center and the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan as of June 2002. Revenues generated by the facilities; Highest grossing concert in the arena's history; Projected loss while the DeVos Place convention center was being built.
- Sports courts coming to the Jackson Convention Complex. // Jackson Advocate;7/7/2011, Vol. 73 Issue 38, p16A
The article reports on the move of Jackson Convention Center (JCC) to purchase a 40,000 square feet of court, which is designed with vertical-give to provide cushion with developing children and athletes in Mississippi.
- Washington Schools Get Thumbs Up on Referendums to the Tune of $221 Million. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p3
Reports that several school districts in Washington are headed for approval for the sale of general obligation bonds. Total value of bonds that are waiting for approval; School bond measures which are approved in the year 2001; Approval won by the Auburn School District.