Cable Nips a Sweeps Win
- Surviving the Summer. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;09/11/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 35, p8
Reports on the growth of cable and broadcast ratings in the United States as of September 2000. Gap between cable and broadcast ratings in prime time; Increase in advertising-supported cable; Television networks with failed ratings in August 2000.
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/19/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 38, p13
Presents tabular representations of TV program ratings, revenues and viewers population for broadcasting and cable in the U.S., based on research conducted by Nielsen Media Research and BIA Research as of May 2005.
- Five Cablers In Top 10 Dip in May. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;06/12/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p20
Reports that five of the top ten basic-cable networks in the United States suffered drops in primetime ratings in May 2000, according to Nielsen Media Research. Turner Network Television; `Big Three' broadcast networks; USA Network; TBS Superstation and Nickelodeon.
- Pax TV households fall hard in latest Nielsen data. Freeman, Michael // MediaWeek;09/28/98, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p6
Provides information on the ratings performance of startup cable television network PAX TV by Nielsen Media Research. Average rating for the week of September 14-20, 1998; Range of market share.
- 50 people's choice top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/21/97, Vol. 127 Issue 17, p59
Presents a chart listing the top 50 people's choice cable shows in the United States, as ranked by Nielsen Media Research for the week April 7-13, 1997. Survey as encompassing 97 million television households; Includes the programs `Titanic: Anatomy of a Disaster,' `World Champ Wrestling,' and...
- Measure for measure. Sharkey, Betsy // MediaWeek;3/11/96, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the inclusion of Network One in Nielsen Media Research's television audience measurement ratings for the first time since it was launched in December 1993. Projected increase in market penetration of Network One in 1996 as a result of affiliate agreements; Cooperation between Network...
- Nielsen Software Glitch Delays May Cable Nos. // Multichannel News;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p3
Reports on Nielsen Media Research's miscalculation of distribution numbers for individual cable television networks in the United States in May 2000. Delay in the release of cable ratings; Discovery of defects in software.
- People's choice top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/21/96, Vol. 126 Issue 44, p52
Presents Nielsen Media Research's rating of the top 50 cable television programs in the United States for the week of October 7-13, 1996. Name of the program; Network; Time slot; Rating.
- CNN declared winner, with Fox news second. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p3
Reports that Cable News Network has received the highest ratings from Nielsen Media Research Inc. Percentage of increase in the network's average ratings; Networks' coverage of the United States elections; Number of households covered by the survey.