Disney Kids' Nets (All) Add Shows
- Cartoon is for Kids Again. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;8/18/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 33, p14
Focuses on the popularity of cable television network named Cartoon Network among children. Cartoon programs to be aired on the network in August 2003; Efforts of the company to attract children towards its programs; Popularity ratings achieved by the network among kids as of August 2003.
- Ten Years at the Top. // Animation;Oct2005, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p8
The article reports that at the end of the second quarter in 2005, Nickelodeon marked its tenth year as the number one cable network in total day ratings. This is quite an achievement, considering the dwindling numbers for TV and cable networks these days. Of course, the outfit has its colorful...
- Kids find a home on cable. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;05/05/97, Vol. 127 Issue 19, p57
Focuses on the television networks' venture into cable for children's viewing in the United States. Discovery Kids and Fox Kids as entries of the market; Launching of digital kids network on for Sunday mornings; Impact of television viewing on children; Competition among cartoon networks;...
- Media literacy means better, smarter TV viewing. Stonehill, Brian // Christian Science Monitor;7/26/96, Vol. 88 Issue 169, p18
Reports on a media literacy movement aimed at encouraging parents to teach their children to ask questions about what they watch. Critical attitude on the part of the viewer seen as the best strategy against unfiltered and unfettered media; Implications of a Supreme Court decision striking down...
- TV and the Preschooler. // Education Digest;Mar1965, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p58
The article reports that the 27 million preschool children in the United States and Canada were called television's most neglected audience at a Consultation on Children and Television, held in February 1965 in Toronto, Ontario. Lester Beck, behavioral psychologist of the Oregon State System of...
- Helping hands. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/10/94, Vol. 124 Issue 41, p86
Reports on the volunteer service pledge of more than five million children during Nickelodeon's Big Help-a-thon.
- Extending the Brand. Haley, Kathy // Broadcasting & Cable;4/21/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 16, p10A
Focuses on the promotional plans of cable television network Disney Channel to popularize its programs among kids in the United States in 2003. Information related to several programs created by the network for promotional purposes; Development plans of the network; Issues related to the...
- Japan will soon `toon in.' // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/97, Vol. 89 Issue 138, p12
Presents information on Cartoon Network Japan, Japan's first 24-hour cartoon channel. When airing will begin; Features of the channel; Comments made by Mike Byrd, managing director of Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific Incorporated.
- MTV TOONS UP 3 SKEINS. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/23/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 39, p14
Reports on the commitments of MTV to three animated series for the second half of 2002, namely, 'Spiderman,' 'The Freshman' and 'Clone High.' Entities responsible for the production of 'Spiderman'; Creators and executive producers of 'Clone High.'