Turner Slates Feature Big Talent
- CNBC gives viewers head start on headhunting. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Oct98, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p22
Reports that CNBC, the cable network of NBC, has developed a programming segment called `The Today's Business Headhunt.' Schedule; Features of the segment; Factors that prompted the officials of CNBC to develop the segment; Cable network's Web site address.
- Summer Surge Powers Cable to 3Q Win. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p10
Reports the ratings and viewership of cable television for the third quarter of year 2002 in the U.S. Launch of competitive summer television shows by cable television companies; Victory of Lifetime Television network on the primetime household ratings race; Domination on the demographic...
- Bustin' out all over. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/12/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 25, p37
Reports on the summer 2000 program lineup of United States cable television networks. Expected spending on programming; VH-1; Launch of original shows; Comedy Central; Turner Network Television.
- Shocking Behavior. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;06/14/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, Cable p42
Deals with provocative and offensive programs on cable television. Reasons for showing these programs; Impact on viewership and audience share; Overview of shows from USA Networks, TBS SuperStation, Turner Television Network and other cable networks.
- Turner nets turn up talent profile. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;3/2/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 46, p4
The article reports that Turner Network Television has unveiled an aggressive series development slate that includes projects from "Million Dollar Baby" scribe Paul Haggis and Stephen King. In July 2005, Turner will premiere television program "Loser Leaves Town," a reality series that lets two...
- Summer Nielsens Twice as Nice for Cable. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p6
The article reports on an increase in primetime viewership rating of cable networks that have surpassed broadcast networks in the U.S. A 62.1 share of primetime household viewing has been posted by cable networks as opposed to a 31.1 share for broadcast networks. One of the reasons behind the...
- CABLE CAPSULES. // Daily Variety;4/3/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 2, pA3
The article offers information on several cable television channels. It includes A&E, ABC Family, Adult Swim, Animal Planet, and BET Networks. Information presented include the number of subscribers, top original television programs, and upcoming original television programs. Key network and...
- CNBC: Frisky TV for the Financially Addicted. Quarrels, Ellsworth // Across the Board;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p7
Presents information on CNBC cable television network. Description of the programs; Efforts in coping up with recession; Personality of viewers.
- The Cablers. Bernstein, Paula // Variety;01/17/2000, Vol. 377 Issue 9, p60
Presents update on the cable television industry in the United States as of January 17-23, 2000. Television programs added by Lifetime to its list; Television rights acquired by FX; Person appointed as senior vice president of planning, scheduling and program operations at Fox Family Channels...