Anatomy of a Circuit Switch-Out
- R.I. Officials Give Cox Green Light to Expand. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;04/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p8
Reports on a deal between cable television network Cox Communications Inc. and the Rhode Island Division of Public Utilities and Carriers and the Attorney General's Office which will allow the network to expand in the towns of Bristol, Barrington and Warren. Terms of the deal; Public,...
- L.A. Tweaks Program-Access Bill. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p28
Regulators in Los Angeles, California have narrowed the scope of the proposal designed to prevent cable operators from forging exclusive regional programming agreements, but systems still vehemently oppose the so-called open program-access ordinance. Operators expressed fears over the spread of...
- Ops Extend Brand to Stores, Kiosks. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p14A
Reports on cable television operators' use of outlets to sell digital cable, high-speed Internet access and other wares in the United States. Branded stores operated by Cox Communications Inc. and Adelphia Communications Corp.; Small-kiosk approach of Comcast Corp.
- Retain Is the Name of This Digital Game. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p6
Focuses on the methods used by cable operators on increasing competitive digital multichannel environment in Boston, Massachusetts. Winners of the Customer Retention Case Study competition; Citation on projects of Adelphia Communications Corp. and Cox Communication Inc. by the Cable &...
- Triple Play. // CableFAX Daily;11/8/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 217, p2
The article presents updates on cable television in the U.S. as of November 8, 2005. More than 1 million 3-play customers were signed up by Cox. Voice over Internet protocol will be launched by Comcast in Denver, Colorado in November 2005. A multi-year deal for the utilization of Level 3 was...
- 'Definitive' Adelphia Sale Bolsters 2 Top Cable Ops. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p1
Presents updates on the sale of Adelphia Communications Corp. as of April 25, 2005. Cable television operators that emerged as the definitive winners in the bid for the company; Approval of the acquisition deal by the boards of directors of the company; Details of the acquisition deal.
- Cable heeds the call of the call. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;05/15/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 20, p16
Highlights the issues about cable telephony discussed at the National Cable Television Association's annual gathering in New Orleans, Louisiana in May 2000. Costs of Cox Communications' cable telephone effort; Remarks on the issue of circuit-switched versus Internet telephony voice services;...
- Stalking the IP golden egg. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the competition to provide Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. Conversion into reality of the voice over Internet Protocol through cable television networks; Advantages of IP telephony aside from cost savings; Issues concerning standards, service and other problems.
- Operators Kick the Tires on Voice-Encryption Strategies. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the display of a cable telephony voice-encryption service at Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s conference by cable operators Nuera Communications Inc., Syndeo Corp. and InnoMedia Inc. Advantages of voice encryption service; Compliance of CableLabs standards by the...