- Closing the Rigas Era. // CableFAX Daily;3/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 61, p2
Reports on the decision of a federal court in New York's Southern District to transfer almost all of the Rigas-owned systems to Adelphia. Accusation of Comcast and Time Warner against Adelphia; Increase in revenue of Adelphia.
- CARVING UP CABLE. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;9/28/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 60, p1
Reports on Comcast Cable Communications Inc. and Time Warner Inc.'s plans to make a joint bid for Adelphia Communications Corp.'s cable television holdings in the U.S. Potential impact of a deal on Comcast and Time's lead over their cable competitors; Comcast's plans to unwind its stake in...
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;5/31/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p24
Provides information on the stock performance of the U.S. cable industry on May 25, 2004. Broadcom; Adelphia; Comcast.
- Stevens, Dorgan Seek Adelphia Conditions. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;4/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p118
Reports on the request of U.S. Senate Commerce Committee chairman Ted Stevens and Senator Byron Dorgan before approving the acquisition of Adelphia Communications by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Contents of the letter addressed to FCC Chairman Kevin Martin on April 4, 2006;...
- Cable Bulls…Finally: MSOs Stocks Sizzle on Stellar 1Q Results. // CableFAX Daily;5/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 94, p1
The article reports on the stock performance of multiple-systems operators (MSO) in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2006. MSO stocks generally have showed steady gains when Comcast reported one of the best reporting seasons in memory. Cablevision posted the highest gains since the reporting...
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);
Presents news briefs on cable and telecommunication companies in the U.S. as of November 25, 2002. Resignation of Marc Osgoode from the National Cable and Telecommunications Association; Lawsuit filed by Comcast Communications against Liberty Media subsidiary Starz Encore; Court approval sought...
- Bargain shoppers? Andersen, Kathleen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/26/2005, Vol. 388 Issue 44, p11
The article focuses on the sale of Adelphia Communications Corp. to Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. All sorts of Wall Street reaction came after the whopping $17.6 billion cash and stock sale with a certain amount of scuttlebutt on who came out better in the deal and whether Comcast did...
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p38
Reports on the performance of several companies in the U.S. stock market as of May 2004. Time Warner Telecom; Adelphia; Crown Media; AT&T.
- FCC Adds On Conditions to Sale of Adelphia to MSOs. Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;7/24/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p6
The article reports that Comcast and Time Warner are set to absorb some 5 million customers from Adelphia Communications and expand their presence in cities including Los Angeles, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Washington, D.C. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) required Comcast and Time...