An 'Excellent' Prospect?
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;7/18/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p56
Presents news briefs on cable television broadcasting as of July 2005. List of executives at Cablevision Systems Corp. who will be awarded with incentive payments; Increase in the number of subscribers generated by Japanese multisystem operator Jupiter Telecommunications Ltd. in the second...
- Cablevision taps FedEx exec. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/28/96, Vol. 126 Issue 45, p80
Reports on the appointment of Robert May as chief operating officer of Cablevision Systems Corp. Duties; Positions held prior to the appointment.
- May Sees Charter Progress. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/9/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p27
Focuses on the progress in the plan of Charter Communications Inc. interim CEO Robert May to answer customer-service problems of the company in the U.S. as of May 2005. Number of additional high-speed data customers; Changes in its customer call-center operations; Number of voice-over Internet...
- Charter, Cablevision Lose Video Subs. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/13/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p8
The article reports on the 92,000 video subscribers lost by Charter Communications and Cablevision Systems in the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
- Charter Wins Bresnan Bidding at $1.6B. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;2/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p2
The article offers information regarding the purchase of the former Bresnan Communications Inc.'s systems in Colorado and Wyoming from Cablevision Systems Corp. by Charter Communications Inc. for 1.625 billion dollar.
- Cable players post solid Q1. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;5/7/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 28, p7
The article reports on the corporate profits of U.S.-based cable television companies Cablevision Systems Corp. and Charter Communications Inc. which are driven by customers gains and higher advertising revenue.
- Cablevision, Charter Gain in Q1. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p72
The article reports on the financial performances of Cablevision Systems Corp. and Charter Communications Inc. in the first quarter of the year 2010.
- Charter buys Kalamazoo for $172.5M. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p50
Reports on Charter Communications Inc.'s purchase of Cablevision Systems Corp.'s Kalamazoo cable system. Increase in Charter's market base; Cablevision's focus on its New York metropolitan systems; Total value of the transaction; Charter's plan for the upgrading of Kalamazoo.
- Cable TV. // MediaWeek;01/26/98, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
Presents several news from the cable television networks in United States. Resignation of Robert May as chief of operation of Cablevision Systems Corp.; Television programming of Turner Network Television (TNT); Link between The Weather Channel and CBS New Media to offer weather information.