Barton: '06 Cutoff Has Legs
- Broadcast and production audio consoles. Hansen, Dave // Broadcast Engineering;Sep2002, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p58
The article features the broadcast and production audio consoles which offer inexpensive digital television to various broadcast stations in the U.S. This was in relation to the implementation of the government towards forcing television station of having DTV facility otherwise a penalty is...
- DTV transition marches into 2005. Martin, Harry C. // Broadcast Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the immediate concerns for television broadcasters about the decision of the United States Federal Censorship Commission to continue its push towards a full digital television transition (DTV). Need for television network to build out their full DTV facilities by July 1, 2005;...
- Television measurements. Markley, Don // Broadcast Engineering;May2004, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on the challenges of digital television for television stations in the United States. Sophistication of the measurement equipment for digital transmission (DTV); Complexity of the DTV measurements compared to the analog waveformRequirement for measuring analog television signals.
- Brits embrace land of the free TV. Clarke, Steve // Variety;4/3/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 7, pA2
The article reports on the launching of the free movie channel FilmFour from Channel 4 in Great Britain. A free movie channel offering premium pics, including new releases--in March 2006 Channel 4 inked a landmark deal with 20th Century Fox giving it valuable film rights well into the next...
- Senate Spectrum Grab. Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;10/4/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p8
Reports on the Senate vote on September 29, 2004 in the U.S. to move television stations off channels needed by emergency workers. List of channels that will be reclaimed for the use of emergency workers; Remarks of Texas Representative Joe Barton on the legislation to reclaim channels; Opinion...
- OPEN MIKE. Wallace, Dennis // Broadcasting & Cable;5/23/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p50
Opposes the proposed draft legislation of Representative Joe Barton (R.-Tex.) for the federal government to reclaim analog television stations. Effects of the proposed legislation on television networks; Changes in the monthly rates for analog transmission services.
- Barton's Draft Bill Sets 2008 Deadline. B. M. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/23/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p49
Reveals that the government would reclaim television stations' old analog channels by December 31, 2008, under the proposed draft legislation of U.S. House Commerce Committee Chairman Joe Barton. Obstacle that Barton may face.
- New distribution opportunities for TV stations: What's the payoff? // Broadcast Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 47 Issue 2, pS12
Discusses the challenges and opportunities facing television broadcasters at the beginning of 21st century. Drastic changes in areas like news production and content playout at the station; Integration of the Web with the computer system and the editing system; Transition of programming to...
- Boston duopoly doubles on local news. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the developments on the local television broadcasting advisory in Boston, Massachusetts. Primetime broadcasting of WSBK-TV during Labor Day; Focus on the reorganization of WSBK-TV management programs; Acclimatization of the television viewers from the syndication community.