- Western Show Rides Off Into the Sunset. // Television Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p6
Discusses the last Western Show of the U.S. cable television industry in 2003. Reasons behind the decision to terminate the trade show; Contributions of the California Cable and Telecommunications Association to the success of the show.
- Hardware Key to Cable's Future. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;6/16/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p23
Provides information on the 52nd annual National Cable Show held by the National Cable and Telecommunications Association in June 2003 in Chicago, Illinois. Highlights of the event; Topics discussed at the trade show; Issues concerning the cable industry.
- The syndie sizzle. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;1/19/2004, Vol. 393 Issue 9, pA1
Presents information on the National Association of Television Program Executives trade show in Las Vegas, Nevada in January 2004. List of executives who will not participate in the event; Expected percentage of increase in the event's attendance; Concerns of executives.
- Teutonic growth rate hits lull. Hils, Miriam // Variety;09/28/98, Vol. 372 Issue 7, pM16
Reports on the increase of programming budgets on Teutonic productions. Information on Germany's top private networks; Networks that are well-stocked with acquired product; Why Teutonic has plenty of products to choose from at Mipcom exhibition.
- SPENDING ITS DOLLARS INHOUSE. Dempsey, John // Variety;06/11/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on the output deals of Showtime Networks with motion picture studios. Details on its output deal with Walt Disney company; Success of the company in airing theatrical movies; Information on the output deal of the network with independent film distributors.
- MART MUST GO ON. Johnson, Debra; Meza, Ed; James, Alison; Hopewell, John // Variety;3/31/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 7, p28
Reports on the 2003 Mip TV trade show. Attendance; Impact of the war in Iraq on the trade show; Examples of the television shows offered to broadcasters.
- Mexican buyers look for movies, cartoons. Moore, Leslie // Electronic Media;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p24
Reports on Mexican broadcasters' participation in the 2000 L.A. Screenings Bazaar. Broadcasters' search for movies and cartoons; Azteca's shopping for action series.
- Cable must focus on competition. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;10/21/96, Vol. 126 Issue 44, p50
Focuses on the issues concerning cable television discussed at the 1996 Atlantic Cable Show in Baltimore, Maryland. Impact of cable's competition with the telecommunication companies; Stock market prospects for cable companies; Comment by Thomas Baxter, president of Comcast Cable Communications.
- MIPCOM Myths Debunked: The Truth Behind Cannes' Urband Legends. London, Robby // Animation;Nov2006, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p48
The article discusses several myths concerning the MIPCOM market for television programs in Cannes, France. The author debunks the myth that Walt Disney is cryogenically frozen under the Palais. He agrees that convenient low-cost lodging is available in Cannes. He points out that there were not...