Boxing Shows Some Punch
- Where the Boys Are. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p30
Focuses on the success of ESPN cable television network in reaching its targeted male audience. Factors which contributed to the increase in ratings and viewership of ESPN cable television network in 2004; Strategy of the network to attract male viewers; Amount of time spent by a U.S. viewer a...
- Hockey's Cable Lifeline. Barrett, Wayne M. // USA Today Magazine;Jan91, Vol. 119 Issue 2548, p75
Reports on the cable television broadcasting of hockey games. Television networks with the right to air such games; Involvement of hockey teams and the National Hockey League; Format preferred by the SportsChannel-America; Viewers' complaints about the cost.
- BIG MESS IN THE BIG TEN: WHY DIE-HARD FANS CANT TUNE IN. Frazier, Mya; Hampp, Andrew // Advertising Age;9/17/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 37, p3
The article discusses the controversy surrounding the Big Ten Network, which broadcasts college football games that are in the Big Ten conference. The article explains that the biggest issue is between the cable providers and the network, which wants placement on basic cable and $1 per customer...
- Scratching a Niche With Psychographics. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;3/1/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p34
Reports on the psychographic-affinity information used by ESPN2 to improve its advertising sales. Research companies consulted by ESPN2 to gain viewer information; Concept of the morning talk show "Cold Pizza" created by the network; Deal made by the network with several automobile companies...
- No.3 ESPN SportsCenter. Slavens, Roger // B to B;5/8/2006, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p30
This article presents information on cable TV giant ESPN's "SportsCenter." The cable sports network giant rolled out its Mobile ESPN service on Super Bowl Sunday, and provides content ranging from real time scores to highlights and clips from "SportsCenter" that cellphone users can access 24/7...
- ESPN has a ball in record ratings week. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/12/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the performance of ESPN television station in the U.S. Total primetime viewers who watched professional football, Major League Baseball and college football games broadcast in the network; Ratings received by the programs; Success of ESPN over Nickelodeon cable network.
- NBC Reached Olympic Heights. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p3
Reports on the viewership generated by NBC cable networks for the coverage of the 2004 Athens Summer Olympics Games in Greece. Percentage of increase in the networks' viewers; Household rating posted by USA Network; Average number of viewers in the Athens coverage of CNBC.
- Tony whacks Tonys. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;6/8/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the coverage of the NBA Finals at ABC television network in the U.S. Competition faced with the season finale of the television program "The Sopranos" at Home Box Office cable network; Ratings achieved by the coverage of the surprise victory of the Detroit Pistons basketball team over...
- ESPN NFL game tackles Nielsen paradox. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;11/21/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 36, p45
Reports on the ratings of the National Football League package at ESPN cable network in the U.S. Decline in the viewers of the game;Viewers generated by "Monday Night Football"; Average rating of Fox station.