Laid back action
- The rise of comfort. O'Brien, Liam // Cabinet Maker;5/16/2003, Issue 5338, p11
Focuses on the design of reclining chairs in Great Britain. Gas cylinder recline mechanism; Adjustable headrest and foot support; Traditional reclining armchair; Target market.
- Motion furniture. // Furniture/Today;10/2/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p44
The article offers information on new products and trends in the motion furniture industry in the U.S. The new trends in the market include the existence of padded suede, a microfiber fabric suitable to motion applications in terms of its flexibility, durability and plush texture. Best Home...
- Recliner keys: Price and comfort. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;7/19/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p12
Focuses on the efforts of manufacturers to make a comfortable recliner in the U.S. Significance of comfort on the sales of the recliner; Addition of features that enhance the comfort of the recliner; Consideration of comfort by consumers in selecting the recliner they will purchase.
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;3/28/2003, Issue 5330, p3
Reports on the relocation of recliner manufacturer Ekornes to larger central London premises in England.
- Consumers Choose To Casually Recline. FRENCH, DANA // Furniture/Today;10/7/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p7
The article focuses on the Furniture/Today's 2013 Consumer Buying Trends Survey by the journal as of 2013. According to the survey, U.S. consumers pay 32 percent more for leather reclining chairs, 58 percent of them favor a button mechanism in chairs and 42 percent like a remote control system....
- Motion resources aim to build momentum. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;4/25/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p107
The article discusses aspects of the market for motion and reclining furniture. The article lists several furniture manufacturers and resources including Best Home Furnishings, Barcalounger Co., and Leather Italia USA, and the steps they are taking in order to attract customers at the upcoming...
- La-Z-Boy Incorporated SWOT Analysis. // La-Z-Boy Incorporated SWOT Analysis;Mar2014, p1
A SWOT analysis is presented for La-Z-Boy Inc.
- October market proved feast or famine for many. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;11/14/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p21
Comments on the condition of the furniture market in High Point, North Carolina. Decrease in the number of furniture retailers; Problems faced by upholstery and bedding sectors; Increase in the demand for reclining chairs.
- Grant boost for Wilcare Wales. // Cabinet Maker;7/4/2003, Issue 5345, p4
Reports that electrical recliner maker Wilcare Wales has invested in a larger factory, equipment, and additional staff after receiving a grant from the Welsh Assembly.