BET Inches Closer to MTV
- MTV and BET. Brady, Shirley; Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p41
Reports on the awards won by the television advertising of MTV and BET at the 2002 National Association of Minorities in Communications. Director of the advertising of Fight for Your Rights campaign of MTV; Focus of the advertising of BET.
- Dancing Into the Future. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/11/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 15, p42
Reports on the potential reorganization of the operations of Black Entertainment Television (BET) following the departure of founder and CEO Robert Johnson in 2005. Target audience of BET; Plans of BET for its programming; Role of MTV Networks in managing affiliate sales efforts of BET.
- BET Reorganizes By Cutting Staff, Shows. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p2
Reports that U.S.-based cable television network Black Entertainment Television (BET) Inc. laid off several employees and plans to cancel several of its original news and public affairs shows as of December 2002. Factors contributing to the BET move; Percentage of the workforce cut by BET;...
- BET, MTVN UNVEIL CENTRIC. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/28/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 36, p4
The article reports on the launch of basic-cable network Centric by Black Entertainment Television (BET) and MTV Networks in the U.S. It notes that the new network aims to target African-Americans audience aged 25 to 54 years old. Furthermore, it mentions that it will run cross-promotional spots...
- BET Makes Layoffs. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;03/26/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the number of employees which Black Entertainment Television (BET) network dismissed in March 2001. Reason for the layoffs; Expiration of the contract of Tavis Smiley, host of the talk show `BET Tonight'; Decline in the viewership of several BET programs.
- Tavis Smiley's Dismissal By BET Outrages Blacks Across The Nation. // Jet;04/16/2001, Vol. 99 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the dismissal of Tavis Smiley, former host of the television talk show 'BET Tonight with Tavis Smiley,' from the Black Entertainment Television (BET) network.
- BET makes layoffs, axes 'Teen Summit,' 'BET Tonight' and 'BET on Jazz.' // New York Amsterdam News;03/22/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 12, p37
Focuses on United States-based television network Black Entertainment Television's decision to lay off nearly one-third of its employees. Cancellation of television programs 'Teen Summit' and 'BET Tonight with Tavis Smiley.'
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;8/30/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p24
Presents updates on the cable television sector in the U.S., as of August 30, 2004. Appointment of Donovan Gordon at Black Entertainment Television; Promotion of Damon Ross at Nickelodeon Movies; Information on several conferences and related events.
- Inaudibly Vulgar. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;5/5/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p14
This article presents the author's views on the Parents Television Council (PTC) and their reactions to muted swearing on television. The author reflects on rap music videos and how the PTC is charging the MTV and Black Entertainment Television networks with presenting adult content to young...