Store owner draws up parking battle lines
- Armani Casa Debuts at AtmosphÃ¨re in Santurce. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;9/22/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p14
Reports on the acquisition of the exclusive distribution rights to Armani Casa collection by locally-owned upscale furniture retailer AtmosphÃ¨re in Puerto Rico. Sale of Armani Casa furniture and home accessories; Investment of the firm in the local market; Outstanding service and comfortable...
- October trading. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/2/2005, Issue 5467, p46
The article analyzes the performance of the retail furniture industry in Great Britain in October 2005. Sales were higher as compared with sales on September 2004. Compared with September, 36% of retailers reported a decrease in the value of sales. 25% of stores were able to maintain sales,...
- First quarter not all bad says bssa. // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2008, Issue 5586, p5
The article reports on the sales performance of furniture and homeware industry in Great Britain in the first quarter of 2008. According to the British Shops and Stores Association's (BSSA's) sales monitor, the industry showed a positive performance despite the retail's doom and gloom. The...
- JLP thrilled with PJ2. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p5
Reports on the opening of the PJ2 furniture store in Great Britain.
- Reeves. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p10
Features Reeves Enterprises Inc.'s bed retail store in Great Britain.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2001, Issue 5248, p3
Presents news items concerning furniture retailers in Great Britain, compiled as of July 27, 2001.
- Mystery Shopper: Chelmsford. // Cabinet Maker;8/23/2002, Issue 5301, p6
Rates various furniture stores in Great Britain as of August 2002. Selling skills; Product knowledge; Retail environment.
- Business is booming at Barton Square. // Cabinet Maker;6/27/2008, Issue 5593, p16
The article reports that twelve weeks after the opening of the unique Barton Square at Manchester's Trafford Centre, business is booming in England. It states that more than 500,000 visitors have visited, which for the first time brings together big-name home and lifestyle retailers under one...
- Opportunities to compete. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;7/29/2005, Issue 5449, p9
Comments on the state of independent furniture retailers in Great Britain. Citation of opportunities for standalone furniture retailers; Assertion on the toughening competition between furniture retailers and supermarkets; Investments made by retailers on aspirational store environments.