Kirkpatrick Pettis promotes three
- ABA president knows firsthand about marketing mutual funds. Cope, Debra // American Banker;2/10/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 28, p12
Interviews American Bankers Association president Daniel R. Smith. Importance of mutual fund business to banks; Advice to banks selling mutual funds; Views on Congress' plan to limit banks' investment- product activities; Future of banks in the mutual fund business.
- ABA's new chief aims to boost industry agenda. Garsson, Robert M. // American Banker;11/9/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 215, p3
Reports on American Bankers Association (ABA) chairman Daniel R. Smith's agenda for the organization. Improvement of bankers' image among members of Congress; Views on interstate branching; Support toward the need for additional powers in the banking industry.
- QUOTE OF THE WEEK. // Rubber & Plastics News;11/12/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p38
The article presents a quote from Daniel Smith, associate administrator for enforcement at the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, on the need of a close scrutiny of imports in the country.
- Overspending? Klinkerman, Steve // American Banker;7/18/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 136, p4
Focuses on First of America Bank. Corp chairman Daniel R. Smith. Criticism that Smith overspends and overpays on deals; Decline in First of America's stock after a thrift deal; Smith's plan to build a franchise in Florida; Analyses of Smith's takeover bids; Background on First of America's...
- TWiSTED! Tesler, Pearle // Current Science;9/13/2002, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p4
Profiles Daniel Smith as a contortionist in San Francisco, California. Recognition given by Guinness World Record; Career as contortionist; Capabilities of the person.
- FOA CEO Smith planning to retire. B.J. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/30/95, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p4
Announces that Daniel R. Smith, chairman and CEO of First America Bank Corporation will retire May 1, 1996. How he will remain active with the board after his retirement; His successor, Richard F. Chormann; Background information on Smith.
- Private Fleets Are Still an Alternative. Sparkman, David // Transportation & Distribution;Apr2001, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p63
Considers the views of Daniel P. Smith, corporate director of transportation for Smart & Final Inc., regarding the significance of private carriage in the distribution business. Opinion on leasing services; Decline in for-hire carriers; Importance of becoming a logistics manager possessing a...
- The future of banking is already here. Streeter, William W. // ABA Banking Journal;Nov93, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p34
Features First of America Bank Corp.'s (FOA) chief executive officer Daniel R. Smith's views on his bank and the banking industry in general. Smith as the 108th president of the American Bankers Association; FOA's mutual fund program; FOA's branching strategy; Loan portfolio; Regulation of...
- First of America to slash 9% of staff, take $8M charge. Klinkerman, Steve // American Banker;12/27/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 246, p5
Reports on First of America Bank Corp.'s plan to reduce its work force. Projected savings; Financial performance for the third quarter of 1994; Comment from chairman Daniel R. Smith.