Green tracks M&S offer
- M&S Deflects Takeover Bid--for Now. FALLON, JAMES // DNR: Daily News Record;2/14/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p5
The article reports that British businessman Philip Green has announced his decision to withdraw his bid to take over British retailer Marks & Spencer PLC partially because of the press scrutiny prompted by his bid.
- M&S Mounts Property Defense. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/15/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 124, p14
Reports on the preparation of Marks & Spencer (M&S) PLC to defend its property from a possible bid from British retail tycoon Philip Green by revaluating its property portfolio in June 2004. Chartered surveyor to complete the valuation move of M&S; Total value of the land and buildings of the...
- RED-FACED GREEN BACKS OFF. // In-Store;Aug2004, p17
Presents information on the restoration of Marks & Spencer (M&S) Group PLC by its chief executive Stuart Rose in August 2004. Withdrawal of Philip Green from the M&S bid; Focus on the company's core customer; Scenario in the event of Rose's failure to deliver.
- M&S Turns Down Second Green Bid. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/17/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 126, p15
Reports on the rejection of retail tycoon Philip Green's takeover bid for Marks & Spencer in 2004. Amount offered by Green for each share of the company; Other terms and conditions of the offer; Increase in the stock price of the company.
- Green Leans on M&S Shareholders. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/18/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 127, p15
Reports on the effort of retail tycoon Philip Green to persuade the shareholders of Marks & Spencer plc to help him in his bid for the company as of June 2004. Details of the revised offer of Green for M&S; Reason for the rejection of the offer; Reaction of analysts to the second offering of Green.
- Green Gains Momentum on Eve of M&S Talk. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/12/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 7, p2
Reports that retail tycoon Philip Green has won the support of Marks & Spencer PLC (M&S) shareholders in allowing Green's Revival Acquisitions Ltd. access to perform due diligence in anticipation of a formal bid in London, England. British institutional shareholders that have given intention to...
- Directors of the month. // Director;Aug2004, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p13
Reports on the rivalry between executives Stuart Rose and Philip Green in a shareholders' bid for Mark & Spencer. Controversies which emerged during the bid; Bidding strategies of Rose; Impact of the shareholders' decisions on the stability of Green's name in the stock market.
- After Initial M&S Bid, Green Bides His Time. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/9/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 119, p5
Reports on the revised bid for Marks and Spencer PLC (M&S) by British retail tycoon Philip Green. Reason behind the rejection of the bid by M&S; Impact of Great Britain's Competition Commission on the bid; Evaluation of Green's bid by M&S chief executive Stuart Rose.
- The Color of Money. Blakeley, Kiri // Forbes Global;11/29/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the success of British billionaire Philip Green in the retail clothing business. Net worth of Green; Status of his bid for British department store chain Marks & Spencer; Plans for small retail operations.