NLC targets Internet taxation, keeping authority
- Planned NLC Internet tax campaign will educate public about lost revenue. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;12/04/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30533, p6
Looks at the plans of the National League of Cities to launch a campaign to convince the public and businesses on the effects of the lost tax revenue from a three-year moratorium Internet taxes on municipal finance in the United States. Implications of the law that prevents cities from imposing...
- NLC Hopes Congress Rejects Report on Internet Taxation. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30864, p7
Reports on the National League of Cities' campaign urging the United States Congress to reject proposals against the taxation of Internet sales contained in the report of the United States Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce. Comments from league president Bob Knight about the proposals;...
- NLC survey shows improving fiscal conditions. // American City & County;Sep97, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p82
Provides information on the results of a survey conducted by the National League of Cities (NLC) which focused on the economic health of most cities and towns across America. Number of cities which responded to the survey; Comments from NLC President and Oklahoma City Councilmember Mark...
- National League of Cities adopts new plan. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;12/09/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30288, p4
Focuses on the strategy being put into place by the National League of Cities, which will shift the organizations primary focus. Information on the transition from deficit reduction to targeted investment; Circumstances surrounding the condemnation of legislation introduced during March, 1997;...
- NLC launches collaboration project to fight poverty. // American City & County;Oct97, Vol. 112 Issue 11, p88
Presents information on the launching of a project by the National League of Cities, to encourage and assist city officials and community based organizations in forming colloborations to serve the needs of the poor and reduce poverty. Sponsors of the project; Contact information.
- NLC picks Pittsburgh for 2016 conference. Prall, Derek // American City & County Exclusive Insight;8/4/2014, p3
The article reports that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania will host the National League of Cities' (NLC) 2016 Congress of Cities and Exposition scheduled for November 16-19, 2016.
- Locals see development as key. // American City & County;Jan1995, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p56
Provides information on the attitudes of leaders in American cities based on the survey report `Poverty and Economic Development: Views from City Hall,' by the National League of Cities.
- NLC promotes city/community organization partnerships. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the initiative launched by the National League of Cities (NLC) to encourage partnerships between cities and community-based organizations in United States. Aims of the collaboration; Reason why NLC formed a working group and an advisory committee of municipal officials and leaders of...
- NLC survey confirms importance of child care, after school program. Barrios, Frances; Soto, Chris // New York Amsterdam News;07/05/97, Vol. 88 Issue 27, p22
Comments on the importance of child care and after school activities to children living in urban areas while focusing on a study conduct by the National League of Cities (NLC). Treatment of results attained in the survey; Interview of John E. Klye, program director for Children and Families in...