Banks or bonds? Rates, spreads mean more may turn to munis
- Municipals Finish Little Changed; New Supply is Market's Next Test. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31348, p2
Reports the status of municipal bonds in the U.S. Impact of new-issue sales on the stability of the market; Implications of the decision of the Federal Reserve to leave benchmark bank overnight lending rate unchanged; Rise of futures and dollar bond markets.
- Scranton, Pa., and Amalgamated Close TAN Deal. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;1/6/2015, p25
The article reports that Scranton, Pennsylvania loaned a tax anticipation note from the bank company Amalgamated Bank. It states that the 12-month loan will provide cash-flow financing to the city to enhance its reputation in the capital market. Effective January 2, 2015, the loan will help the...
- Australian Toll Road Operator Buys 87% of Dulles Greenway. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/2/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32210, p5
Reports that Macquarie Infrastructure Group has purchased an 87 percent stake in the Dulles Greenway Toll Road in Virginia. Benefit of the municipal bond community from its sale; Reason behind the growing trend in the privatization of toll roads; Construction of the Greenway with private bank...
- Task Force: Disclose Bank Loans. HUME, LYNN; GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;5/2/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33905, p1
The article informs that the organization Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has issued a notice urging state and local issuers and conduit borrowers to consider disclosing of certain information about bank loans. According to the board, the availability of timely information about...
- S&P: Disclose Bank Loans or Risk Rating. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;5/16/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F319, p1
The article reports that credit rating agency Standard & Poor's has sent warning letters to issuers regarding losing their ratings for not disclosing their direct loans in May 2014. It states that move came forward after concern over hidden debt exposure in the municipal bond market. Information...
- Private Placements Decrease Market Transparency, Moody's Says. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;10/20/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34196, p1
Moody's Investors Service released a reporting saying transparency in the municipal market has been diminished by the growth of bank loans and private placements.
- Total Muni Issuance to Edge up 2.7% to $357.5B in 2015: SIFMA Survey. Hume, Lynn // Financial-planning.com;12/04/2014, p6
The article reports on the expected increase in tax-exempt and taxable municipal bond issuance in 2015, according to a survey from information firm Thomson Reuters. Topics covered include the percentage decline from peak muni issuance, the issuance of long-term tax-exempt munis not subject to...
- MSRB Eases Voluntary Bank Loan Disclosure for Issuers on EMMA. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/19/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34363, p1
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board announced changes to its Electronic Municipal Market Access site Tuesday that will allow municipal issuers to show bank loan disclosures in a further effort to promote voluntary disclosure of issuers' bank loan financings.
- Chicago Paper Tanks in Post-Downgrade Trading. Barnett, Chip; Shields, Yvette; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;5/13/2015, p31
The article offers information regarding the lost of value of the bonds of Chicago, Illinois in 2015. It mentions that the lost expanded to Illinois bonds and schools in the city after Moody's Investors Services strip Chicago general obligation, motor fuel bonds, and sales tax worth $8.9...