States may gain right to cap trash
- Battle royal in Virginia. // Human Events;05/31/96, Vol. 52 Issue 21, p6
Evaluates the political career of John Warner as senator of Virginia. Competition from political candidate Jim Miller; Political actions influencing his political life; Issues on his political loyalty.
- In Virginia, a defeat for religious right. R.N.S. // Christian Century;7/03/96, Vol. 113 Issue 21, p690
Reports on US Senator John W. Warner's victory in the 1996 Virginia Republican primary elections for senator. Impact of Warner's victory on the Christian Coalition's image as a political force in the area.
- The Back Page. // Traffic World;11/18/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 46, p58
Focuses on transportation industry news in the U.S. as of November 2002. Probable reasons why Senator John W. Warner jumped off a slow-moving Amtrak train en route to Washington; People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals' comments about the effort to put defibrillators in airports and on...
- Sen. Warner fires top Dole ad exec. // Advertising Age;10/14/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 42, p2
Reports that Senator John Warner (R-Virginia) fired a media consultant who is a key advertising person in the Bob Dole campaign. Conflict over an advertisement with a doctored photo; Name of advertising agency.
- Oliver North. // U.S. News & World Report;12/19/94, Vol. 117 Issue 24, p19
Focuses on Oliver North, who was considered by many backers as a likely candidate for a 1996 race against Virginia's Republican senator, John Warner. His decision to skip the 1996 race and host a national radio talk show.
- Senator warns Taiwan not to instigate incidents that could lead to war with China. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;5/2/2007, p4
The article reports that Senator John Warner, ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, warned Taiwan's government not to trigger a conflict with China that would involve U.S. military support. The 1979 Taiwan Relations Act states that the U.S. would defend Taiwan in the event of a...
- John Warner just keeps hanging on. Saletan, William // American Spectator;Jun96, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p38
Examines the chances of Senator John Warner (R-Va.) for reelection in November 1996. Previous follies committed by Warner that alienated him from the Republican voting public; Grassroots groups working for Warner's defeat in the primary; Warner detractors' underestimation of his personal and...
- VIRGINIA. // Advocate;5/22/90, Issue 551, p23
Reports that senator John Warner was mistakenly pictured as a model in newspaper advertisement for Annette Dean dress shop in Henrico County, Virginia. Production error causing Warner's picture to be substituted for one of the female model; Dressing habit of Warner.
- Are Administration Space Weapons Initiatives Sound National Policy? PRO. Warner, John W. // Congressional Digest;Mar1984, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p74
Presents the text of the speech delivered by Republican Senator John W. Warner before the U.S. Senate on March 24, 1983 which deals on the potential contribution of directed energy weapons in the defense system of the U.S.