C-T tipped for Parker Knoll buy
- Letters. // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p8
Presents several letters to the editor referencing articles and topics related to furniture published in previous issues of the journal "Cabinet Maker." Grief expressed at the premature death of Sally Smith, former Christie-Tyler group design director; Thanks offered by Chris Winwood, Sitting...
- Parker Knoll joins Christie-Tyler stable. // Cabinet Maker;3/11/2005, Issue 5429, p3
Reports on the purchase of Parker Knoll by Christie-Tyler from Silentnight Group in Great Britain. Nee d for changing some of the product without hurting the quality; Comment of Christie-Tyler chief executive Scott Malvenan on acquiring the brand; Negotiation on the sale of the Nathan brand.
- Making up for a long absence. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;3/11/2005, Issue 5429, p9
Comments on the acquisition of Parker Knoll brand by furniture firm Christie-Tyler in Great Britain. Lack of plans of the company for Parker Knoll; Plan to convince retailers to stock the brand after an absence of several months; Important factor considered by many potential stocklists.
- Nathan gets another chance. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;5/6/2005, Issue 5436, p9
The article presents information about Nathan, a British cabinet brand. After a long time Nathan has finally found a new owner. Its former sister brand Parker Knoll, which was sold to Christie-Tyler in February, 2005, will now be produced in South Wales, but Nathan's production is likely to move...
- Ducal makes a comeback at DPEE. Marshall, John // Cabinet Maker;5/20/2005, Issue 5439, p3
The article reports that the Ducal furniture brand is likely to be reintroduced in the month of June 2005 at Great Britain-based retail store DP Furniture Express after it signed a three-year licensing deal with Silentnight Group. The retailer also has an option to buy the brand at the end of...
- An opportunity to make the brands deliver. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2004, Issue 5413, p9
Analyzes the problems encountered by Silentnight Group with its acquired name brands, Parker Knoll, Stag and Nathan. Losses suffered by the company's furniture brand; Failure to get the right operating margin; Other retailers and businesses interested in the brands.
- Silentnight becomes a superbrand. // Cabinet Maker;3/4/2011, Issue 5727, p5
The article reports on the superbrand label received by Silentnight Beds from the Consumer Superbrands 2011 Survey in Great Britain.
- Supplier strikes latest sporting partnership. // Cabinet Maker;5/15/2015, Issue 5933, p10
The article reports that Lancashire, England headquartered bed manufacturer Silentnight Group Ltd. has teamed up with the British Weight Lifting National Governing Body to supply its beds to British Weight Lifting's athlete accommodation.
- A New Lane of Furniture. Andreoli, Teresa // License!;May2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p74
Deals with the alliance of Lane Home Furnishings with True North America. Product extensions of the Lane brand; Suggested retail price for the Lane office chairs; Reason for the alliance of Lane with True.