N.Y.C. coins tobacco issuer
- Raters split on tobacco. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/01/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30759, p1
Reports on the rating of the inaugural tobacco bonds issued by Ne York City's Tobacco Settlement Asset Securitization Corp. Structure of the bonds; Maturities.
- NYC Council: TSASC Bonds Too Costly. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;03/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31108, p1
Reports on New York City budget director Adam Barsky's announcement that the Tobacco Settlement Asset Securitization Corp. (TSASC) will continue to be an important part of the city's capital financing plans despite the City Council's recommendation to eliminate the issuance of TSASC bonds to...
- N.Y.C. mails draft of tobacco-bond POS. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/13/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30746, p2
Reports on New York City's Office of Management and Budget's distribution to investors of a draft version of a preliminary official statement for the initial bond sale by the Tobacco Settlement Asset Securitization Corp., a local development corporate created by the city. Information contained...
- N.Y.C. unrolls tobacco bond plan. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p1
Reports on the structure of Tobacco Settlement Asset Securitization Corp.'s bond financing in the United States. Education of municipal bond investors on the mechanics of a credit; Difference of the plans of New York City and Nassau County in New York.
- N.Y.C. picks dealers for tobacco ABS. Krueger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30593, p2
Announces the creation of the Tobacco Settlement Asset Securitization Co. in New York City, to sell bonds, backed by tobacco companies' payments, to finance the city's capital plan. Senior managing underwriters for the first issue; Terms of the budget plan.
- Regional wrap. Kruger, Daniel; McEntee, Christopher; Shields, Yvette; Sanders, Lisa; Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;10/11/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30744, p2A
Presents news items related to bonds and the securities industry in the United States as of October 11, 1999. Includes structure of the bond offering of the Tobacco Settlement Asset Securitization Corp.; Approval of the fiscal 2000-2001 budget in Wisconsin; Pension obligation bond offering of...
- TSASC to Refund $1.2 Billion. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32299, p1
The article reports on the advance refunding of Tobacco Settlement Asset Securitization Corp.'s outstanding tobacco bonds in New York City, New York. The bonds are designed to eliminate trapping requirements which ties up part of the payments the city receives under the 1998 Master Settlement...
- California to Pool Tobacco Settlement. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, p1
Reports that about 20 California counties are considering pooling and securitizing their tobacco settlement proceeds. Reduction of issuance costs; Mitigation of a risk factor unique to California local governments' tobacco bonds.
- Moody's: Tobacco issuance to double. Musero, Frank // Asset Securitization Report;2/5/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p8
Reports on tobacco securitization trend in the U.S. Amount of issuance for tobacco securitization; Securitization deals of Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. and Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Securitization transactions sponsored by various states.