The new regime at The New Republic
- Carrying On. Peretz, Martin // New Republic;1/25/75, Vol. 172 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the retirement of Gilbert Harrison from the editorial responsibilities of "The New Republic" journal. Impact of a change in editor on the readership of a journal; Distinctive qualities of Harrison which marked the journal; Competence and expertise of Harrison; Plan of incoming editor...
- Steady Deal Flow Expected In 2012. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/13/2012, Vol. 203 Issue 52, p8
The article presents information on mergers and acquisition (M&A) in the clothing industry. According to Dealogic, after a dramatic slowdown in 2011, the global fashion M&A made up some ground in early 2012. Financo's chairman Gilbert Harrison said that there is still tremendous opportunity for...
- Gannett merges newspaper units. Meyers, Janet // Advertising Age;9/3/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 36, p51
This article reports on the decision of Gannett Co. to consolidate its newspaper divisions under the control of Gary Watson in the U.S. in September 1990. Watson will become president of the Gannett Newspaper Division effective October 1. Brian Donnelly, president of Gannett's metro newspapers,...
- TNR AT 70. // New Republic;12/10/84, Vol. 191 Issue 23, p70
Recounts Martin and Anne Peretz's purchase this magazine from Gilbert Harrison in 1974. Event that led to the couple's decision to buy the periodical; Issues concerning the magazine discussed by Peretz and Harrison; Peretz's reaction to the work environment of the periodical; Peretz' assembly of...
- It won't quite be Paris without the Herald Tribune. Brady, James // Crain's New York Business;11/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p9
Focuses on concerns of the author for takeover of the newspaper 'The International Herald Tribune' by another newspaper 'New York Times.' Popularity of 'The International Herald Tribune' among readers residing in Paris, France.
- 8 WEEKLIES, 2 WEEKS. Rosenberg, Jim // Editor & Publisher;10/28/2002, Vol. 135 Issue 39, p26
Reports on the acquisition of Heritage Newspapers Inc.'s Genesse county weeklies by Michigan-based Advance Publications' Booth Newspapers. Decision to place the weeklies under the management Roger D. Samuel, publisher of 'The Flint Journal.'
- Execs: The time is ripe to buy. Moses, Lucia // Editor & Publisher;07/17/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 29, p12
Reports on the results of a survey of United States newspaper and financial executives on their opinions about mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the industry. Prices paid for newspapers; M&A activities seen for year 2000.
- Two Georgia papers merge. // Editor & Publisher;12/23/95, Vol. 128 Issue 51, p19
Reports that the Georgia newspapers `Stephens County Chieftain' and `Toccoa Record' have merged into one newspaper, the `Chieftain & Toccoa Record'. Management team and editors.
- NATIONAL REPORT. Astor, Dave; Shields, Todd; Strupp, Joe; Fitzgerald, Mark; McGrath, J.J.; Moses, Lucia // Editor & Publisher;11/26/2001, Vol. 134 Issue 46, p10
Reports developments related to newspapers as of November 2001. Details on the newspaper game on elk series; Appeal of jailed writer Vanessa Leggett; Decision of Leroy W. Stauffer Family to sell The Danville News to The Daily Item.