Garvee Push Is On
- Garvee Sale Shrinks. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p31
The article reports that a legislative committee is preventing Idaho Governor Dirk Kempthorne's plans for grant anticipation revenue vehicles. The governor has proposed issuing $218 million in Garvees which would have been the first installment in a $1.2 billion Garvee plan that the governor...
- Idaho Governor Proposes $2.3B Budget for Fiscal 2007. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p28
The article reports on Idaho governor Dirk Kempthorne's proposed budget for fiscal year 2007. Kempthorne proposed a $2.3 billion budget in his state of the state address. The state projects a $214 million ending balance for fiscal year 2006. The state has $205 million in bonds issued by the...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p31
Presents information on developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of April 4, 2003. Rating assigned by Fitch Ratings Inc. to 95 million dollars in general obligation bonds to be sold competitively on April 8, 2003 by the West Contra Costa Unified School District in California;...
- Idaho Housing Agency Weighs Financial Fix as Moody's Extends Review. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;11/2/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33609, p6
The article reports on the action of the Idaho Housing and Finance Association (IFHA) concerning the extension of the review period by Moody's Investors Service Inc. for the possible downgrade of 871 million dollars of outstanding bonds it has sold.
- Unfunded Mandates Reform Act rouses applause from retailers. // Discount Store News;1/16/95, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p16
Reports that the first bill introduced in the Senate in 1995, Senator Dirk Kempthorne's Unfunded Mandates Reform Act, drew an enthusiastic endorsement from the National Retail Federation and 31 state retail associations around the United States.
- From the Hill to the statehouse. Stuart, Elaine // State Government News;Mar98, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on Senator Dirk Kempthorne of Idaho's plan of leaving the Senate to run for the gubernatorial post in Idaho. Kempthorne's management of the failed campaign of incumbent governor Phil Batt, in 1982; Kempthorne's achievements in his legislative career; Views on the role of state...
- Congressional lawmakers vote to ax unfunded mandates. // Occupational Hazards;Mar95, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p67
Reports on Senator Dirk Kempthorne's introduction of the Unfunded Mandate Reform Act in the US Congress. Passage of the bill in January 1995; Requirements of Kempthorne's bill; Democratic Party's efforts to limit the scope of the bill.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p41
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of September 2002. Conduction of a feasibility study on regional cargo airport by the Imperial Valley Economic Development Corp. and Imperial Irrigation District company; Affirmation of debt rating for City of Hope National Medical Center by...
- Senate exempts heroic acts. // Occupational Hazards;Jun94, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p14
Reports on a provision amended to the National Competitiveness Act sponsored by US Senator Dirk Kempthorne (R--Idaho). Provisions of the bill; Need for approval from the US House of Representatives.