Amerada Hess Bonds
- Budget, Tobacco Bills Signed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32390, p39
The article reports that Governor of Alaska Frank Murkowski has signed a bill that authorizes the state to refinance outstanding bonds secured by revenue coming to the state from the national settlement with tobacco manufacturers. Alaska has already sold $251 million in Northern Tobacco...
- Alaska creates regional solid waste management authorities. // Resource Recycling;Jun2006, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the passage of the U.S. house bill 392 that allows communities, particularly in Alaska, to form a regional solid waste management authority that can issue bonds to finance waste management activities. The bill was signed into law by Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski on May...
- Alaska Lawmakers Dodge Fiscal Reform, Adjourn Special Session. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p33
Reports that Alaska Legislature has adjourned a three-day special session without giving Governor Frank Murkowski the fiscal reform package he wanted. Reasons behind the lawmakers' decision; Structural budget deficit of the state.
- EDITOR'S NOTEBOOK. Lonestar, Jeff // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug2006, Vol. 233 Issue 8, p6
The author reflects on the issues discussed by the Alaska legislature during its reconvention on July 12, 2006. The legislature has conducted a second special session to debate on the effort of Governor Frank Murkowski to win support for the proposed pipeline contract. The discussion focuses on...
- Alaska mulls tire tax for state general fund. Fedchenko, Vera // Tire Business;4/28/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p3
The Alaska legislature is proposing taxes on all tires and studded tires sold at retail in the state to generate revenue for its general fund.Governor Frank Murkowski had asked state legislators to pass a bill mandating a $10 fee on studded tires to raise $2 million in revenues to repair roads...
- Of Blowhards And Blowholes. BIRNBAUM, JEFFREY H. // Fortune;8/18/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p44
Describes the provision introduced into the U.S. Senate budget bill by Alaska Senator Frank Murkowski which aids whaling captains. Reaction of some Republicans to the bill; Information on the way the senator is defending the provision; Concerns over whale killings.
- Murkowski bill proposes electricity industry reforms. // Electric Light & Power;Mar2001, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the plans of Alaska Senator Frank Murkowski to introduce a legislative bill for the electricity industry in the United States. Goal of the bill to reduce the dependency of the industry on imported petroleum; Provisions of the bill.
- Alaskan Projects Loom Large. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/29/2006, Vol. 256 Issue 21, p14
The article reports that it is boom time in Alaska for construction. Legislators pushed through a funding bill this month that will cover $2.5 billion in capital projects. Awaiting final approval by Governor Frank Murkowsk, expected before the start of the fiscal year in July, the bill will fund...
- Fish Bonds Well Spent. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32443, p33
The article reports on the financing of the Ruth Burnett Sport Fish Hatchery in Fairbanks, Alaska. The fish hatchery, which Governor Frank Murkowski held a groundbreaking ceremony for it on August 5, 2006, will be funded with the proceeds of $68 million revenue bonds sold by the state in April....