Indiana Withdraws Bill to Limit Publicly Owned Broadband Services
- Holiday Week Offers Just a Pittance of New Issuance. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;7/2/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33740, p3
The article reports that the municipal market forecast on the sale of municipal bonds for 51.7 million dollars in the U.S.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;03/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31099, p4
Presents a status report on legislative bills affecting the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 19, 2001. Public School Construction Partnership Act; High-Speed Rail Investment Act of 2001; National Energy Security Act of 2001; America's Better Classroom Act.
- N.Y.C. City Council Likely to Fast-Track Mayor's G-37-Like Proposal. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;05/14/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31138, p1
Reports the speedy legislation of the New York City Council on the G-37 proposal in New York, New York. Restrictions of the G-37 proposal to firms associated in municipal securities; Imposition of a moratorium on rulemaking; Comments of the senior research associate of the Citizen's Budget...
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS Report[*]. // Bond Buyer;03/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30851, p6
Presents a chart depicting municipal bond and state and local legislative status report in the United States as of March 2000. List of legislation introduced in the 106th Congress; Presentation of existing laws; Data on the proposed laws; Existing status of the legislative bills.
- Pa. Aims to Avoid More Harrisburgs. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;7/15/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33944, p5
The article offers information on the two bills that improve the oversight of municipal bond financing and presented in Pennsylvania Senate in Pennsylvania.
- Lots of Debt, Little Time Rule. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32319, p1
The article reports that the Gulf Opportunity Zone Act has added municipal bonding authority for Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. The federal act is intended to help the three states recover from hurricanes Katrina and Rita. The act authorizes tax-credit bonds to help prevent defaults on...
- Corpus Christi, Tex., Selling $82M of Refunding and New-Money Utility Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32484, p32
The article reports that the city government of Corpus Christi in Texas will pre-price an offering of utility system revenue refunding and improvement bonds worth about $82 million on October 11, 2006. The bonds are slated to be sold on October 12, 2006. About $17 million of the proceeds from...
- GOVERNMENT. // Crain's New York Business;7/2/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p44
Presents graphs showing various statistics related to local government activities in New York, New York in 2001. Government jobs; Municipal bond offerings; Tax reductions.
- Dade County, Fla. will maintain its underwriting ban on Smith Barney. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/25/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30280, p2
Reports that the Dade County, Florida municipal government has agreed to continue its municipal bond underwriting ban on Smith Barney Inc. until July 1998. Plan to select another set of municipal bankers; Securities and Exchange Commission's investigation of Smith's participation in a 1994 Dade...