Transportation Bill Clears Committee Without Tax Code Changes
- Reps. Hart, Pomeroy Introduce Bill to Keep Section 529 Plans Tax-Exempt. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/18/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32135, p5
The article reports that two U.S. House Ways and Means Committee members have introduced bipartisan legislation that would preserve the tax-free status of college savings plans that states have set up under Section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code, which involve municipal fund securities. H.R....
- Education Groups Praise House Bill On Tax Reform. Sirkin, J. R. // Education Week;12/4/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 14, p1
The article reports that precollegiate education groups claimed victory after the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee approved a compromise reform of the nation's tax code. The compromise bill retains the deductibility of state and local taxes for individuals who itemize their federal tax...
- Ways and Means to Consider Tax Bill. Vaughan, Martin; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;6/12/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p1856
Deals with a revamped bill to repeal the foreign sales corporation/exterritorial income tax break for U.S. exporters and replace it with tax cuts for business introduced by House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Bill Thomas. Content of the bill; Criticisms faced by Thomas' bill.
- HSA hassles feared from tax measure. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;4/14/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p1
The article reports that the H.R. 5719 tax legislation approved by the U.S. Congress House Ways and Means Committee in April 2008 would significantly increase the cost of health savings account (HSA) administration, according to experts. They add that such increase would result in higher fees...
- Senate green-lights tax-extenders measure. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/01/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30759, p42
Reports on the extension of several expiring tax provisions in the United States. Approval from the US House Ways and Means Committee.
- Ways & Means Committee Approves Bill To Raise Private-Activity Cap. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;09/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30481, p6
Reports that the United States House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee has passed a tax-cut bill. Increase in the private-activity volume cap; Extension of the arbitrage spend-down provision for school construction from two years to four years; Spending targets for the provision.
- The House Ways and Means Committee. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/7/95, Vol. 87 Issue 134, p2
Informs that the House Ways and Means Committee is to start three days of hearings on replacing the federal income tax with a national sales tax.
- The tax-system overhaul continued. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;9/21/95, Vol. 87 Issue 208, p2
Informs about the measures approved by the House Ways and Means Committee in its effort to overhaul the US tax-system.
- Congressman Dana Rohrabacher Introduces H.R. 692. // ESOP Report;Mar2009, p1
The article deals with the introduction by California Congressman Dana Rohrabacher of House Resolution 692 on January 26, 2009 which was read and referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means. The bill is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 that would exempt from the gross...