Greenspan Pushes for Some Tax Reform
- Greenspan's final act? Spears, Brad // Credit Union Magazine;May2003, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p74
Focuses on the conflict between the Federal Reserve and the Bush administration over federal funds in the U.S. Factors stimulating the conflict; Policy of the Federal Reserve Open Market Committee on finance; Response of Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan to the fiscal stimulus package...
- Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan to speak at GAC. Peterson, Ann Hayes // Credit Union Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p45
Reports that Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan has delivered a speech during the opening of the General Session of CUNA's 2004 Governmental Affairs Conference. Services of Greenspan; Highlights of the meeting; Support on Capitol Hill.
- The Oracle Of Washington. // Business News New Jersey;7/31/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p14
Editorial. Comments on the semi-annual testimony made by United States Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan to committees of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives. Effects of interest rate cuts initiated in January 2001; Indication that the economic slowdown is bottoming out.
- When Greenspan speaks the market listens. Baum, Caroline // Las Vegas Business Press;4/22/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p5
Comments on the management of the Federal Reserve Board by Chairman Alan Greenspan in the U.S. Concern over upending the interest-rate-sensitive housing market; Remarks on the U.S. monetary policy; Assessment of the reaction of the bond market.
- On the economy. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;01/17/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p21
Comments on the reappointment of Alan Greenspan as chairman of the United States Federal Reserve Board. Factors behind Greenspan's reappointment to the post; Status of the power and flexibility of the Federal Reserve; Impending Federal Reserve policies.
- Saint Greenspan? Frank, Ellen // Dollars & Sense;Mar/Apr2000, Issue 228, p9
Criticizes Alan Greenspan, chair of the United States Federal Reserve Board, and his economic policies. What took place under his leadership; Comparison with his predecessor Paul Volcker; Information on the 1991 recession.
- Is Bush's retention of Greenspan a big deal? Yes and no. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/5/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p11
Comments on the possible retention of Alan Greenspan as the U.S. Federal Reserve chairman. Background on the performance of Greenspan in the board; Factors to consider in the retention; Reason that the issue of chair succession is less important.
- The flutist and financier who runs nation's economy. Grier, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;5/20/97, Vol. 89 Issue 122, p1
Reports that on May 20, 1997 Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan and other members of the board will meet to decide whether to push or pull the interest rate lever on America's economy. What Greenspan's job entails; How the theory of the Federal Reserve works; Reference to Greenspan...
- Tinker, but don't tamper, with the Federal Reserve. Cleland, George // ABA Banking Journal;Jan1993, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p14
Reports the appointment of Alan Greenspan to be the chairman of U.S. Federal Reserve Board. Job responsibilities; Dissatisfaction of legislator Henry B. Gonzales, chairman of the House Banking Committee on the Federal Reserve; Limitation of the Board on setting monetary policy by the proposal...