ISM Non-Mfg Index Hits 59.8% In Feb
- Deflation Nation. Gross, Daniel // Newsweek;7/12/2010, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p26
The author offers observations on deflation in the U.S. economy, defined as a widespread fall in prices as measured by the consumer price index. He considers the pros and cons of deflation for the American consumer. Comments are offered from economists including Brad DeLong, Michael Bordo and...
- KEEP AN EYE ON…. T. K. // Money;Apr2005, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p106
The article mentions the Bureau of Labor Statistics Employment Situation Summary. The big disappointment in the current expansion is job growth. According to the BLS, 146,000 jobs were created in January. "The economy needs to add 150,000 jobs a month just to absorb new people entering the work...
- NABE survey shows slowing economy. Selway, William // Bond Buyer;11/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30512, p2
Focuses on a National Association of Business Economists' survey of members which point to slowdown in the United States economy in 1998. Economic indicators posting declines; Profit margins.
- IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Sanchez, Humberto; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32434, p2
The article reports on developments in economic expansion, the employment cost index, and consumer sentiment index in the U.S. The real gross domestic product, the price index, and the personal consumption expenditure index provide evidence of economic growth. Labor Department data reveals a 0.9...
- U.S. economy set to expand in coming months. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;8/2/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p12
The article reports on the expansion of the U.S. economy in the second quarter of 2007 given the healthy growth in industrial output. The growth of the gross domestic product (GDP) was quite impressive. In fact, the Index of Leading Economic Indicators of the Conference Board rose higher than...
- ISM Non-Mfg Index Gained in October. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p2
Reports on the gains posted by the Institute for Supply Management's (ISM) non-manufacturing business activity composite index in October 2004. Movement of the U.S. economy reflected on the index; ISM members' concerns about inflation in the country.
- ISM Non-Mfg Index Slipped in July. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/4/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32189, p2
Reports on the decline in the non-manufacturing business activity composite index of the Institute for Supply Management for the month of July 2005 in the U.S. Percentage increase in the backlog of orders; Anticipation for a continued economic growth in the non-manufacturing sector.
- Leading Indicators Gains 0.5% in May. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/18/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31908, p2
Reports on the increase in the composite index of leading economic indicators (LEI) in the U.S. Rise in the coincident index; Prediction for the percentage of the increase of LEI.
- The Doug Jones Average. Hightower, Jim // Progressive;Sep2012, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p46
The article presents the author's views on the economic situation in the U.S. as of September 2012. He comments that the Doug Jones Average is the economic measure that matters most to most folks. He remarks that foreclosures, lost jobs, wage declines and other reductions have become the norm in...