Council Hears Testimony as N.Y.C. Gears for Budget Battle
- Bloomberg's Cuts to Surpass $800M in '03 as Gap Nears $1B. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/14/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31513, p1
Reports that New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg is expected to announce a series of changes to the city's budget for the year 2003 in order to reduce budget gap. Budget crisis faced by the city; Comments of Douglas Offerman of the Citizens Budget Commission on reduction of the budget gap;...
- Bloomberg's Big Gamble. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31616, p1
Reports that New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has unveiled an executive and capital budget for 2004. Proposed bond sales of Bloomberg; Possible sale of tobacco bonds.
- NEW YORK: Austerity for Agencies. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33389, p9
The article reports on the imposition made by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg to stop hiring new employees and to cut down spending by 800 million dollars in fiscal 2011 and 1.2 billion in fiscal 2012 for city agencies.
- IBO: Big Budget Surplus for NYC, but Beware. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/20/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F349, p1
The article focuses on the report of Independent Budget Office watchdog organization, which highlights that near-term fiscal outlook of New York City appears stronger than what outgoing Mayor Michael Bloomberg's administration expected.
- Bloomberg's budget blasted. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;4/25/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 17, p1
Criticizes the efforts of Mayor Michael Bloomberg to reduce the executive budget in New York. Opposition of critics to the measures taken by the mayor; List of institutions affected by the budget cuts; Call of lawmakers for a dedicated fund to solve problems of class space and deteriorating...
- Bloomberg announces $70.1 billion budget for 2014 fiscal year. JOHNSON, VICTORIA // New York Amsterdam News;1/31/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p14
The article reports that Michael Bloomberg, mayor of New York City, has announced a budget of 70.1 billion dollars for the 2014 fiscal year.
- Bloomberg Heads Upstate. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p1
Reports on the help sought by New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg from the U.S. legislatures to do more for the city in their 2003 budget. Amount of the city's debt; Amount of the budget proposed by the U.S. governor George E. Pataki; Problems related to U.S. governor George E. Pataki's...
- N.Y.C. Comptroller Thompson Questions Bloomberg and His 'Risky Assumptions'. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31350, p5
Reports revenue risks associated with the budget proposal of Mayor Michael Bloomberg for 2003 in New York City. Reference to a report warning from city comptroller William C. Thompson; Details of the budget proposal; Focus on non-recurring solutions; Rise in borrowing.
- N.Y.C. Mayor Bloomberg, City Council Agree on Budget. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31412, p4
Reports the agreement on a fiscal budget for the year 2003 between Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the City Council in New York. Total amount of the budget; Coverage of the budget; Schedule for the formal approval of the budget.