- Underwriters Mostly Courting Institutions for Long-Term Deals. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p1
Highlights the results of a report from Merrill Lynch & Co. about the municipal bond market in the United States. Shift in the structure of long-term municipal bond deals to favor institutional buyers; Retail demand for the second half of 2004; Example of how current deal structures differ from...
- As U.S. Deficit Mounts, Treasury-Muni Relationship Stabilizes. Smith, Aaron T.; Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/7/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31630, p6
The U.S. federal government is heading for a massive budget deficit, according to economists. As the rally in Treasury yields has disabled in the face of destined issuance, municipal bond yields have continued to decrease â€” reverting to more traditional levels relative to Treasuries. The...
- Municipals Sell Off Modestly in February Amid Record Issuance. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32088, p7
Reports on the sell of municipal bonds due to plentiful demand from institutional investors in the U.S. Statement of Philip Fischer, municipal bond strategist at Merrill Lynch & Co. regarding the price of the municipal bonds sell; Inconsistency of large portion of muni bonds and pay coupons;...
- Merrill Sees Growing Appeal to Foreign Banks. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31414, p32
Reports the taxable municipal deals of Merrill Lynch & Co. with foreign banks in the U.S. Link between municipal bond and income tax exemption; Views of John Hallacy, managing director of municipal bond, on the issue; Impact of international banking on the company.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31439, p39
Presents several charts depicting bonds in the U.S. Details on the municipal bond index; Indication on the bond prices; Bond index of Merrill Lynch.
- Y2K readiness. // Bond Buyer;10/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30741, p8
Reports that Merrill Lynch municipal strategist Philip Fischer has downplayed a federal report on the Year 2000 computer glitch that pinpoints a number of concerns for state and local governments in the United States. Consideration for the financial condition of state and local governments.
- Development. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30271, p12A
Reports on the continuance of the increase in the development bond issuance during the third quarter of 1997. Percentage increase in the municipal market issues from July to September 1996-1997; Amount of issues from the industrial development bonds; Brief discussion on the issues from the...
- MUNICIPAL RANKING. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/6/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 38, p48
Lists investment banks ranked by municipal bond underwriting. Citigroup Inc.; UBS Financial Services; Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.
- MUNICIPAL RANKING. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/7/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 14, p44
Presents a list of municipal bond issues ranked according to their market share. Rank given to Merrill Lynch; Market share of Morgan Stanely & Co.; Types of bonds issued by Morgan Keegan Inc.
- Muni Yields Up 3 to 5 Basis Points; Merrill Wins Maryland DOT Deal. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/29/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31645, p2
Municipal bond yields rose between three and five basis points on May 28, 2003, while in the new-issue market Merrill Lynch & Co. won 195 million dollars of Maryland Department of Transportation consolidated transportation bonds with a low interest cost of 3.282 percent, out of three bids. A...