Miami-Dade's Big Plans
- Van Zandt County Commissioners take up appointments to local boards, districts. Cohn, Lew K. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);1/25/2007, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p1
The article highlights the Van Zandt County Commissioners Court's meeting held January 23, 2007, including the appointment of a panel to be commissioners for the Van Zandt County Emergency Services District No. 2.
- ESD Commissioners Teague, Pryor terms expire January 1 . // Grand Saline Sun (TX);12/20/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 51, p1A
The article reports that the term for commissioners John Teague and John Pryor at the Emergency Services District (ESD) No. 2 in Van Zandt County, Texas will expire on January 1, 2007, and Doyle Milliorn, Joe Sutton, and Mary Ann Ritchie were chosen to fill ESD board for 2007-2008.
- DIPLOMATIC WOMEN. TREADELL, VICKI // Diplomatic Courier;Mar2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p32
A narrative is presented which explores the author's experience as head of mission at the British Deputy High Commission in Mumbai in 2006 and when she took over as British High Commissioner in New Zealand in 2010.
- WASHINGTON: SeaTac Runway Debt OK'd. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;10/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32482, p35
The article reports on the approval of the Port of Seattle's Board of Commissioners regarding the $220 million bonds to complete the third runway worth $1.1 billion at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport in Washington, D.C. The project has already received funding from bonds, federal money, as...
- TheNews: Petition fails to get gay on commission. Russell, Stuart // Body Politic;Aug80, Issue 65, p15
Reports on the decision of the Quebec National Assembly not to appoint gay commissioners to the Human Rights Commission in June 1980. Petition for the appointment of gay commissioners; Commissioners appointed to the government agency; Issues surrounding the appointments.
- Minister to Moscow. Davis, Forrest // Saturday Evening Post;6/16/1945, Vol. 217 Issue 51, p17
The article focuses on the appointment of economist Isador Lubin as U.S. representative on the Moscow Commission. Lubin's appointment as U.S. representative has been regarded as the most important postwar task undertaken by an American. He consults with European officials on how and what to do...
- new charities commission. Dixon, Jim; Ridley, Carmen // Charter;Jul2011, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p60
The article reports on the formation of the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) on July 1, 2012. It states that the commission will improve accountability and transparency for the sector, while removing reporting overlap for general reporting requirements at the...
- Mary Samide. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/4/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 22, pW6
The article profiles Mary Samide, a county commissioner in Geauga County, Ohio. Samide graduated from Kent State University with a bachelor's degree in general studies in 1985. She is known for her skills related to computers such as programming and designing of networks. Her computer skills...
- Commissioner's meeting somewhat 'disjointed'. BUCKLEY, DIANE // Ellis County Press;1/16/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p1
The article reports that the first regularly scheduled meeting of the Ellis County Commissioners' Court in Texas for 2014 was separated from the agenda items to be addressed by the court. Andy Lancaster of Red Oak, Texas, said that he has been on the board of ESD #4 for at least 10 years, and is...