Few Short-Term Effects Seen From W. Virginia Consolidation
- Refunding on Track. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/19/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32136, p35
The article reports that in a special session, lawmakers in West Virginia agreed to authorize up to 375 million dollars of general obligation refunding bonds. The state plans to price the bonds and close on the deal by the last week of May 2005, according to spokeswoman Lara Ramsburg. Originally...
- West Virginia Leaders Reflect on Changes. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);6/14/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p3
The article focuses on the views of officials in West Virginia as the state celebrates Sesquicentennial. It says that the Wheeling Declaration noted that West Virginia had changed in the first 100 years into a diversified agricultural and industrial complex. Senator Joe Manchin said that goals...
- POB Vote Coming. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32087, p31
Reports on the Pension Bond Amendment signed by West Virginia Joe Manchin authorizing a special election on June 25, 2005 in which residents of the state will vote on a general obligation bond sale.
- W.Va. Governor: Tobacco Deal Will Cut Teacher Pension Gap. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/27/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32659, p3
The article reports on the statement of West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin that the effort to use tobacco bond proceeds and state appropriations to reduce the state's $5 billion Teachers' Retirement System (TRS) unfunded liability will save taxpayers more than $2.5 billion and ensure the...
- West Virginia Session to Weigh New Governor's Debt Plans. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/26/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32057, p7
This article reports that as the West Virginia Legislature's special session goes into full swing, lawmakers will focus on a handful of bond-related measures introduced Monday by Governor Joe Manchin 3d. Standard & Poor's analyst Jeffrey Panger, who has noted that West Virginia's pension system...
- UBS: Likely Glut of Debt in Louisiana Will Hurt Valuation. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32265, p7
Reports on the impact of the flood of bond issuance in Louisiana that likely result from hurricane Katrina rebuilding efforts, on current bond valuations within the state. Aspects which authorize the issuance of additional private-activity bonds in the state; Citations of the decline of ratings...
- Negotiated Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;3/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32092, p10
Presents a chart depicting negotiated bond offerings in the U.S. as of March 2005. Lead managers; Financial advisers; Credit ratings.
- Competitive Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;3/16/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32091, p7
Presents a chart depicting competitive bond offerings in the U.S. as of March 2005. Financial adviser of the deals; Time of sale; Credit ratings.
- Far West: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Sept. 5, 2004. // Bond Buyer;09/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31971, p31
The article presents Municipal Market Data on insured GO yield curves for September 5, 2004. The first-year, five-year and ten-year rating of bonds for Oregon is 1.55/1.55, 2.73/2.72, and 3.59/3.58 respectively. The first-year, five-year and ten-year rating of bonds for Montana is 1.59/1.58,...