Municipals Finish Little Changed; Lower Prices Attract Some Buyers
- Prices Soften; FBE Balance at $6M. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/11/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31221, p2
Reports the impact of Treasury bond losses on municipal bond prices in the United States. Effects of the recommendations of the Federal Reserve president on the strategies of the government; Levels of activity in the municipal market; Status of the Merrill Lynch & Co.
- Munis 'Feeling a Bit Better' At Last. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;7/25/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32926, p2
The article reports on the status of the municipal bonds in the U.S. It states that the municipal market was slightly firmer and tax-exempt yields were lower by about three or four basis points. It adds that Merrill Lynch & Co. priced $234 million of taxable and tax-exempt bonds for the...
- N.J. Transportation Officials Plan Smaller Tranches. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/29/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32992, p4
The article reports on the $1.6 billion debt secured by the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund Authority (NJTTFA) which will be used to finance road, bridge and mass transit projects throughout the state. The debt is collateralized by state's gas, petroleum and general sales tax revenues....
- Munis Firmer as Allegheny HDA Prices. Scarchelli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/21/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33119, p2
The article provides updates on the market performance of securities in the U.S. in May 2009. According to the traders, securities are firmer in which some have showed gains. Meanwhile, Massachusetts sold $250 million of government obligations (GOs) to Merrill Lynch & Co. with an interest cost...
- Munis Firmer; Dallas Hospital BABs Priced. SCARCHILLI, MICHAEL // Bond Buyer;8/27/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33174, p2
The article reports that Dallas County Hospital District has earned a firm market as it came to close with a 700 million dollars taxable Build American Bonds (BABs). Merrill Lynch & Co. priced the two district in two series with 680.2 million dollars of taxable BABs. Bonds from 217.5 million...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31478, p32
Presents graphs and charts depicting the statistics of bond market in the U.S. Comparison of daily and weekly prices of bonds; Performance of Merrill Lynch Co. corporate bond indexes; Information about short-term tax-exempt yields.
- Court dismisses case on Muni markups. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30758, p2
Announces the dismissal of an investor's lawsuit against Merrill Lynch & Co. in a federal court in New York State over alleged excessive markups charged on municipal securities.
- Texas' Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Sets $259 Million Bond Sale. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;7/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32916, p19
The article reports that the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District (ISD) in Texas is set to sell a bond package offering of about $259 million of unlimited tax schoolhouse and refunding bonds in July 2008. With an initial bond package totaling $807 million that was approved in November...
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Selling $361M. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32055, p4
This article presents information related to initial public offering issued by the University of Pennsylvania's Health System. The University of Pennsylvania Health System plans to enter the market mid-week with a $361 million bond sale. Of that amount, $275 million of Series 2005A bonds are a...