Judge Denies TRO; Tex. Toll Debt Closes
- Far west bond-watch. Marois, Michael B.; Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/21/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30812, p27
Focuses on developments related to the bond market and public finance in the Western part of the United States, current as of January 21, 2000. Includes a legislative hearing on the debate over the 91-Expressway toll road in California; Washington-based ports' filing of a lawsuit in King County...
- Fight Over Public Finance Drawing to Close. LANNOM, ANDREA // State Journal (WV);9/28/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p3
The article presents information on controversy over matching funds provision in a public finance program in West Virginia and also discusses a lawsuit filed by Michael Callaghan, former chairman of the West VirginiaDemocratic Party against the provision.
- Political-discrimination suits threaten to cripple municipalities. Vélez, Eva Lloréns // Caribbean Business;8/25/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 33, p8
The article reports on the potential impact of the multimillion-dollar political-discrimination lawsuit to the financial conditions of the municipalities in Puerto Rico in 2011.
- Lawsuit Attempts to Stop N.Y.C.'s Stadium Plans. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;8/29/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31213, p3
Reports the lawsuit filed by attorney Carl E. Person seeking to block the city's plan to help finance the stadiums for Major League Baseball's Yankees and Mets in New York, New York. Legality of the city's planned funding; Allegation of the city and the state on unfair business practice; Views...
- Tolling: A proven alternative to transportation funding woes. Jones, Patrick D. // Bond Buyer;2/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31826, p32
Recommends toll fee collection to address transportation funding woes in the U.S. Tolling success stories in different states; Criticism on the existing transportation funding mechanism.
- ALASKA: P3 Workshop for Toll Bridge. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/19/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32550, p9
The article reports on the Knik Arm Bridge and Toll Authority's holding of the first of two "pre-statement of qualification" workshops in Anchorage, Alaska on January 17, 2007. The Knik Arm is a branch of the sea separating Anchorage from the Matanuska-Susitna Borough. The workshops are targeted...
- THE PARALEGAL LITIGATOR: A New Perspective on the Claims Process. Berryhill, Layne P. // Reporter;Sep2002, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p27
The purpose of this article is to help claims personnel significantly increase their carrier recovery rates by approaching claims from a different perspective. The article will address a claims philosophy that identifies elements required to support every carrier recovery claim ever asserted....
- How to hasten the pork cases. PANGANIBAN, ARTEMIO V. // Filipino Reporter;6/27/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 30, p19
The article focuses on the pork barrel cases in the Philippines in which the Supreme Court has allowed the Sandiganbayan (SBN) to raffle the case to its different divisions despite the request of the Office of the Ombudsman (OOO) to form two special divisions.
- TEXAS: SAISD Joins Suit vs. State. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/20/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33585, p9
The article focuses on the involvement of the San Antonio Independent School District (SAISD) trustees to a lawsuit filed against the state government to repeal the state fund allocation system in Texas.