California Governor Touting Reforms, But Not for Budget
- Schwarzenegger's Values on Clear Display in May Revise. Pelote Sr., Willie L. // La Prensa San Diego;5/21/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p6
The article reports on the belief of Californian Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger that the state budget should reflect what people in California value most and a representation of what the administration stands for in 2010.
- Schwarzenegger Urges Anti-Deficit Reforms in State of the State Speech. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/10/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32792, p3
The article reports on the proposal of Governor Arnold Schwarzeneger concerning budget reforms in San Francisco, California. It cites that the proposal is due to the $14 billion deficit faced by the state. Moreover, the suggested reforms include revenue stabilization fund, a rainy-day fund that...
- California Dreamin' of 1986: State to Miss 18th Straight Budget Deadline. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31905, p32
Reports deadline set to California to adopt a state budget. Assessment of the administration of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger; Analysis of the budget details; Opposition of Schwarzenegger to raising taxes.
- How will Arnold be received? Pleasant, Betty // New York Amsterdam News;10/16/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 42, p28
With 48.7 percent of the votes, political candidate Arnold Schwarzenegger won the race for governor of California. Now after his swearing-in, he will have to engage in another battle, this time against entrenched opposition on the right and on the left in order to govern effectively....
- California Screaming. Welch, Matt // Reason;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p2
The focuses on the issues concerning the election on tax propositions in California. Supporters of the propositions include Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, Democratic legislative leaders, and the California Teachers Association. Columnist Michael Hiltzik claimed that the state government's...
- S&P Critiques Budget Plan. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/9/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32565, p9
The article focuses on the initial budget proposal of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger for fiscal 2008 in California. The budget proposal contains no immediate rating implications, which rates the state's general obligation bonds A-plus with a stable outlook. The budget also contains a number of...
- STATE OF THE STATE. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;12/8/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p31
Comments on the gubernatorial term of Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. Details on the campaign strategy of Schwarzenegger; Political platform of the governor; Impact on the state's fiscal crisis.
- Arnold's cabinet won't be stocked with H'wood pals. Synder, Gabriel // Daily Variety;10/9/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the plans of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger as a California Governor. Commitment of the Governor to give full attention to his job; Selection of representative David Dreier as chairman to the transition committee of the governor; Political adviser of Schwarzenegger.
- Turns Out State Budget Woes Worse Than Expected. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;4/12/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the expectation for the upcoming revision to California state budget. Pressure on California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and state lawmakers to reach a budget deal without cuts on state services; Consideration of a tax increase by the governor; Order by the governor for state...