Rise and Shine
- Aspen Goes with the Flow. // Ski;Oct2004, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p42
Features the micro-hydro system from Aspen Skiing Co.
- Hydrogen hopefuls. // European Power News;Oct2002, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p17
Discusses the competition between gas-based generator sets and hydrogen generator sets. Reasons why gas-powered generator sets are gaining an increasing share of the market; Ballard Power Systems' introduction of Ecostar, which is claimed to be the cleanest combustion generator on the market. ...
- Bigger hydro in China. // Power;Sep2003, Vol. 147 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the start of operations of the second hydro turbine of the Three Gorges Project of the Chinese government in July 2003 that was built on the middle of the Yangtze River in China. Information on other generators that were built under the project; Goal of the Chinese government for the...
- "TAKE-BACK-HALF" CONVERGENCE ALGORITHM STABILIZES MICROHYDRO TURBINE CONTROLLER. Woodward, W. Stephen // Electronic Design;10/2/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 20, p70
The article offers information on the construction and design of the microhydro control system, a control system which provides hydroelectric power. It mentions that one major challenge on designing the control system is on how to accommodate variable electrical loads while operating its turbine...
- Finite Element Analysis for Water Turbine of Horizontal Axis Rotor Wave Energy Converter. Dongdong Hu; Yanjun Liu; Likang Hong; Xiaochen Guo // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 530-531, p906
Horizontal axis rotor wave energy converter is a new form for utilization of ocean wave energy, and the axis of its water turbine is parallel with the sea level and perpendicular to the direction of wave. This paper employed the linear wave theory and Froude-Krylov presumptive method to...
- Wave power for Port Kembla. // Australian Geographic;Jul-Sep2004, Issue 75, p11
Reports on the construction of a power generator in Port Kembla, New South Wales as of August 2004. Reason behind the redesign of the generator.
- Small Hydro on the Welland Canal. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Oct/Nov2009, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p38
The article focuses on the hydroelectricity generator installed at the Locks 1 and 2 of Welland Canal in St. Catharines, Ontario. It notes that the locks was transformed into a water intake for the generating units and excavated the canal to maximize energy production. It cites that a...
- A Wave Of Watts. Patton, Zach // Governing;Oct2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p44
The article focuses on the hydrokinetics, an underwater system which is considered to be the next source of clean energy. It talks about the underwater energy project of Trey Taylor, president of Verdant Power, which focuses on generating electricity using tidal energy in New York's East River....
- Pelton, Lester Allen (1829 - 1918). // Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography;2005, p1
U.S. engineer who developed a highly efficient water turbine used to drive mechanical devices and hydroelectric power turbines using large heads of water.