- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jan2008, Vol. 161 Issue 1, p208
The article reports on equipment which is being used by various fire departments. A pumper which is used by the fire department in Alsip, Illinois is discussed, as is a pumper which was designed by the fire department in Concord Township, Indiana. Rescue boats which have been purchased by the...
- Pump Size Really Does Matter. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p10
The article looks at the benefits of buying a big fire pump for fire departments in the United States. These include the following: better Insurance Services Office ratings for fire departments; improved water supply; ability to handle large fires; capacity for future growth and excellent resale...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p172
Features equipments in fire department in the U.S. Uses of the U.S. Tanker Rescue Pumper by the Lake Township Fire Department; Features of the American La France by the Ville de Longueil; Significance of the Sutphen apparatus by the Frankfort fire & EMS Department.
- Small Pumps Pack a Big Punch. Cavette, Chris // Wildfire;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p34
The article describes lightweight portable pumps that are suitable for fire departments' use. The Darley 2BE, Hale Fyr-Flote and the Waterous Floto-Pumps are three of the highest-flowrate pumps. The Wildfire Mark 3 pump is suitable for wildland firefighting. The Wick 250 has a versatile...
- Apparatus Upgrades: Refurbishment of New? Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 157, p49
Presents a guideline in refurbishing the apparatus for fire extinction. Levels of refurbishment; Caution in checking different parts of the apparatus; Considerations on whether a device needs an upgrade.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Aug2004, Vol. 157 Issue 8, p150
Provides information related to the equipment and apparatus used by the Ashbury Community Fire Department in Dubuque, Iowa. Dimensions of the Enforcer chassis; Engine specifications of the department's fire trucks; Total volume holding capacity of the fire engines; Shields and floodlights.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p151
The article evaluates several fire engines from various fire departments in the U.S. including the Smeal pumper from Fire District 8 in Laramie County, Wyoming, Ferrara pumper designed by the Fire Rescue Department in Gila Bend, Arizona and the American Lafrance pumper from Richmond Engine 1 in...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Dec2008, Vol. 161 Issue 12, p141
This section offers news briefs on apparatus deliveries to fire departments across the U.S. It outlines the features and equipment of the two HME pumpers of Skagit County Fire District 3 in Washington. A description of the two pumpers and one wildland interface vehicle of the Redlands Fire...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Sep2011, Vol. 164 Issue 9, p109
The article presents several apparatus acquired by various fire departments in the U.S. Four KME tractor-drawn aerial ladder trucks were delivered to the Los Angeles County (California) Fire Department. A Ferrara Fire Apparatus pumper was deployed by the Polk County (Florida) Fire Rescue at a...