Combo Chiefs Offer Up Conflict Solutions
- The 'I' in Team. Alter, Jeff // Fire Chief;Nov2007, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p38
The article focuses on the importance of team work to meet the core mission of a fire rescue department in the U.S. It was claimed that officers must understand the workforce and support their training officers. The training programs must adjust to teaching firefighters the basic concept of the...
- Inject Young Blood in Aging Departments. Rielage, Robert R. // Fire Chief;May2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
The article focuses on the fire-service youth programs, which were personally attended by the author when he was a participant in Cincinnati, Ohio and when he became fire chief in Wyoming. According to him, the program in Wyoming has continued to be a partnership among the fire department, the...
- 21st Century Firefighting: Preserving the Volunteer Fire Service. CHAPMAN, ROSS // Fire Engineering;Aug2011, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p12
The article offers solutions designed to preserve the volunteer fire departments in the U.S. It suggests the establishment of a cadet or fire explorer program to introduce new people to the service. It details the challenges facing volunteer fire departments in recruiting and retaining members....
- Building Effective Teamwork. Wells, Jerry // Fire Engineering;Mar2012, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p133
The article offers the author's insights on building effective teamwork in fire departments. The author discusses the importance of setting goals and meeting expectations which can be addressed by scheduled training, public education assignments, and inspections due. Moreover , he states that...
- NVFC sets agenda for 1999. // Fire Engineering;Feb99, Vol. 152 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on the fall 1998 meeting of the National Volunteer Fire Council in Rhode Island to address issues relevant to the operations of fire departments in the state in 1999. Includes the introduction of the helping hands legislation; Renewal of efforts to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act for...
- FIREFIGHTER ASSISTANCE AND SEARCH TEAMS IN VOLUNTEER DEPARTMENTS. Swanick, James T. // Fire Engineering;Dec2002, Vol. 155 Issue 12, p12
Focuses on the need for volunteer fire departments to provide specialized emergency services in the U.S. Establishment of firefighter assistance and search team (FAST); Proficiency of firefighters in search and rescue and firefighter safety and survival; Response of FAST to emergency services. ...
- Volunteers asked to join Whitney VFD. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/23/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p1
The article offers information on Whitney Volunteer Fire Department (VFD), which is looking for people within Whitney, Texas who would like to be a member of the community as volunteer firefighters.
- JUNIOR FIREFIGHTER. Ryman, Gary R. // Boys' Quest;Dec2014/Jan2015, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p12
The article discusses the work junior firefighters in the U.S.
- letters to the editor. Eckart, Harvey; Hale, Andrew // Fire Engineering;Aug2015, Vol. 168 Issue 8, p40
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issue including "Rethinking Recruitment and Retention for the Volunteer Fire Department" by Ed Geis in the April 2015, and a article related to affiance of firefighters for rescue operations.