Vitamin D deficiency and whole-body and femur bone mass relative to weight in healthy newborns
- Vitamin D supplements in adults. // WHO Drug Information;1999, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the incidence of vitamin D deficiency in adults. Need for dietary vitamin D supplementation; Conditions associated with hypovitaminosis D; Role of increased calcium intake by older people in the prevention of osteoporosis.
- ask the RD. Lofshult, Diane // IDEA Fitness Journal;Feb2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p60
The article provides an answer to a question on how to determine vitamin D deficiency.
- Response to the editorial on "Defining vitamin D deficiency, using surrogate markers". Chakraborty, Subhosmito; Mallath, Mohandas K. // Indian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p246
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Defining Vitamin D Deficiency, Using Surrogate Markers" by M. K. Garg published in the journal in 2013.
- Redefining vitamin D deficiency: Reply to comments. Garg, M. K.; Mahalle, N.; Kalra, Sanjay // Indian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p247
A response from the authors of the article "Defining Vitamin D Deficiency, Using Surrogate Markers" published in the journal in 2013 is presented.
- Is Technology Spreading Sickness? Kandaswamy, Deepa // Dataquest;6/1/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p72
The author discusses the issue on health in India. She notes that despite the wealth brought by technology, the health issue in the country has not improved. She cites that according to the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, 60 percent of the population is suffering from Vitamin D...
- Vitamin D Deficiency--A Clinical Spectrum: Is There a Symptomatic Nonosteomalacic State? Kanekar, Amar; Sharma, Manoj; Joshi, V. R. // International Journal of Endocrinology;2010, p1
Vitamin D deficiency is not uncommon even in the sunny land of India. Lack of sun exposure and inadequate oral intake are both responsible for vitamin D deficiency. This article provides a retrospective, examining the effects of Vitamin D deficiency in 71 patients. The study's inclusion...
- Recent Developments in Vitamin D Research. Arnaud, Sara B.; Stickler, Gunnar B. // Clinical Pediatrics;May1974, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p444
The article discusses developments in vitamin D research. Evidence that this activated sterol has an important role not only as a vitamin or nutritional supplement but also as a hormone that interacts with other calcium-regulative hormones, such as parathyroid hormone, to maintain mineral...
- Severe Vitamin D Deficiency in Hawai'i: A Case Report. Bornemann, Michael // Hawaii Medical Journal;Jan2006, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p16
Severe vitamin D deficiency would appear unlikely to occur in Hawai'i, which has abundant year-round sun exposure. This case report of a woman with no obvious risk factors for vitamin D deficiency who was round to have severe vitamin D deficiency and coexisting primary hyperparathyroidism should...
- Vitamin D deficiency in children living in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Mansour, Maha M. H. K.; Alhadidi, Khaled M. // Indian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism;Mar2012, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p263
Objective: Vitamin D deficiency is an unrecognized epidemic and a common health problem worldwide. This study was conducted to evaluate the vitamin D status in children living in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and to study its relation to various variables. Materials and Methods: A cross-sectional study...