Feeling the pressure
- Screening for High Blood Pressure: Recommendations and Rationale. // American Family Physician;11/15/2003, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p2019
Presents an excerpt from the Recommendations and Rationale Statements released by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force on screening for high blood pressure for use in primary care clinical settings as of November 2003.
- Artefacts in Measurement of Blood Pressure and Lack of Target Organ Involvement in the Assessment of Patients with Treatment-Resistant Hypertension. Mejia, Agnes D.; Egan, Brent M.; Schork, Nicholas J.; Zweifler, Andrew J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;2/15/90, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p270
Determines the relative importance of factors known to cause therapy-resistant hypertension. Definition of resistant hypertension; Criteria for inadequate blood pressure control; Causes of high blood pressure; Initial steps in evaluating patients with resistant hypertension.
- Lancet: Radical change in blood pressure diagnosis and treatment. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/12/2011, Vol. 21, p304
The article presents the new guidelines issued by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), developed in conjunction with the British Hypertension Society (BHS), for the diagnosis and treatment of blood pressure diagnosis in Great Britain.
- The experiences of the newly diagnosed hypertensive patients admitted into tertiary hospital campus in Limpopo Province, South Africa. MOTHIBA, T. M.; MALEMA, R. N.; LEKHULENI, M. E. // African Journal for Physical, Health Education, Recreation & Dan;2013 Supplement, Vol. 19 Issue S1, p213
The purpose of this study was to determine the experiences of the newly diagnosed hypertensive patients admitted into tertiary hospital campus in the Limpopo Province, South Africa. A qualitative, phenomenological, explorative, descriptive research was conducted to explore and describe the...
- DIASTOLIC ARTERIAL HYPERTENSION. Martorell, Fernando // Angiology;Apr1951, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p108
Comments on the challenges facing the diagnosis and treatment of diastolic arterial hypertension. Lack of effective treatment due to the ignorance on the pathogenesis of such disorder; Use of adrenaline substance to diagnose the condition; Ways to perfect the methods of handling essential...
- The high prevalence of hypertension in rural-dwelling Tanzanian older adults and the disparity between detection, treatment and control: a rule of sixths? Dewhurst, M J; Dewhurst, F; Gray, W K; Chaote, P; Orega, G P; Walker, R W // Journal of Human Hypertension;Jun2013, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p374
There are limited, reliable data on the prevalence of hypertension in East African populations. The aim of this study was to document the prevalence of hypertension in the rural Hai district of Tanzania. All consenting individuals aged 70 years and over who were living in 12 randomly-selected...
- RENIN AND HYPERTENSION. Kaplan, Norman M. // Angiology;Jun1976, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p48
Discusses the importance of the measurement of plasma renin activity (PRA) in the clinical management of hypertensive patients. Usefulness of PRA levels in the diagnosis of hypertension; Hypothesis that low levels of PRA presage a more favorable prognosis for any given level of hypertension; Aid...
- Peculiarities of vasomotor reaction of cerebral vessels in arterial hypertension. B. Gel’tser; V. Kotel’nikov; I. Agafonova; P. Luk’yanov; M. Antonyuk; T. Novgorodtseva // Bulletin of Experimental Biology & Medicine;Jul2007, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p33
AbstractÂ Â We studied vasomotor activity of rat cerebral vessels. Peculiarities of endothelium-dependent reactions of cerebral arteries in induced arterial hypertension were revealed. Quantitative and qualitative relationships between the parameters of the vasomotor apparatus of cerebral...
- Possible Beneficial Effect of Olmesartan Medoxomil on Left Atrial Function in Patients with Hypertension: Noninvasive Assessment by Acoustic Quantification. Hui-Ping Gong; Wei Zhang; Li Li; Hong-Wei Tan; Zhi-Yong Ma; Xue-Zhen Zhong; Zhi-Hao Wang; Tao Song; Yun Zhang; Ming Zhong // Clinical Drug Investigation;2008, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p241
Background and objective: Hypertension alters the diastolic properties of the left ventricle and results in deterioration in the structure and function of the left atrium. We aimed to evaluate whether olmesartan medoxomil has an effect on left atrial function in hypertensive patients. Methods:...