INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TELECOMMUNICATIONS
- DoCoMo buys 10-percent stake in KT Freetel. // RCR Wireless News;12/19/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p16
This article reports on the plan of Japanese telecommunication company NTT DoCoMo Inc. to acquire a 10 percent stake in South Korean operator KT Freetel Co. DoCoMo CEO Masao Nakamura offered a statement on the mobile market in South Korea. A Business and Technology Cooperation Committee is being...
- Midweek Mergers: July 16. Hedges, Laura // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
Capacity brings you the latest mergers and acquisitions in the wholesale arena. If you have any deals you'd like us to share, please tweet us @capacitymag or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DoCoMo's issues highlight need for rethinking. Beaumont, Chris D.; Goodman, John // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;2/21/2008, p19
The article focuses on the financial performance of NTT DoCoMo Inc. since its inception in 1991. Earlier it was a leader with the introduction of its 3G wireless Internet and mobile wallets. However, recently its profit has fallen down by 22 percent. To offset customer drain, DoCoMo is planning...
- World Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;9/19/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p22
Presents international news briefs on the telecommunications industry as of September 19, 2005. Infrastructure to be used by Japanese operator NTT DoCoMo Inc. for its i-channel news and information service; Approval by the European Commission of Siemens' plan to offload its mobile-phone...
- NTT DoCoMo to Exit India Market. // Voice & Data;May2014, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p58
The article discusses issues in India's telecommunication industry. It highlights the move of Japan-based NTT DoCoMo Inc. to leave Tata Teleservices Ltd. by selling its 26.5% stake in a partnership agreement with the Tata Group. An overview of the country's telephony market, which has seen a...
- NTT DoCoMo: back to black. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;June 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p9
Reports on the financial performance of mobile operator NTT DoCoMo Inc. for the year ending March 31, 2003 in Japan. Net income; Business loss; Increase in the revenue.
- 3G price cuts: too far, too fast? Anderson, Neale // Wireless Asia;Dec2004, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p28
Focuses on the impact of discounting or price cuts on the revenue of telecommunication companies. Expected first year-on-year decline in revenues in March 2005 of NTT DoCoMo; Movement of operators in Japan and Korea toward flat-rate data packages in response to aggressive competition; Claim of...
- NTT DoCoMo first-half net profits drop about 50 percent. // RCR Wireless News;11/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p24
Reports on the decline of corporate profit posted by NTT DoCoMo, a wireless carrier in Japan, for the first half of 2001. Reasons for the decision of the company to lower its forecast for the second half of the year; Plan of the company to transfer its technologies for i-mode Internet service;...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;2/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p18
Presents news briefs related to telecommunication in the U.S. as of February 15, 2004. Subscriber base of Research in Motion's Blackberry; Profits posted by NTT DoCoMo Inc. for the third quarter ending December 2003; Losses posted by Alcatel Corp. in the fourth quarter of 2003.