INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TECHNOLOGY
- Nanostructured Electrodes. Gotcher, Alan // Advanced Materials & Processes;Dec2005, Vol. 163 Issue 12, p26
The article introduces the nanostructured materials by Altair Nanotechnology Inc. The electrode particle size dramatically affects the Battery performance. The surface area available for use in lithium ion activity limits the performance of lithium ion battery. Nanomaterials increases the...
- Altair jv to make its mark in titanium dioxide pigments. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;4/18/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2143, p28
Reports on the decision of chemical companies Altair Nanotechnologies and Bateman Engineering to form a joint venture (jv). Manufacturing process of Altair to be used by the jv; Cost of the global market for titanium oxide; Views of Altair CEO Alan Gotcher, on the reason behind the decision to...
- Altair Awarded Patent for Nanosize Titanium Dioxide. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Oct2002, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p18
Assesses the patent received by Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. for nanosize titanium dioxide in the U.S.
- Altair Receives US Patent for a New TiO2 Technology. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/6/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 18, p8
Reports that Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. has been awarded U.S. patent for a process for manufacturing titanium dioxide. Comments from William P. Long, chairman of Altair, about the issuance of the patent by the U.S. Patent Office; Advantage of the titanium dioxide process, according to Altair.
- Irvine Firm Tapped by Altair Nanotech. // Orange County Business Journal;9/17/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p18
Informs that Irvine, California investment bank C.K. Cooper & Co. has been hired by Wyoming-based Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. to look at possible asset sales, spinoffs or an outright company sale.
- MADISON COUNTY. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/5/2008 Region Supplement, Vol. 29, p48
The article reports on the economic development in Madison County, Indiana. The county has been a center for advanced manufacturing in terms of auto production. Flagship Accelerator located in the state's certified technology park, Flagship Enterprise Park, supports early-stage firms like the...
- Altair, Hosokawa, Rutgers Work on Nanostructured Electrodes. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Oct2004, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the initiation of a development project on nanostructured electrodes by Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. in Reno, Nevada. Title of the project; Expected outcome of the plan; Schedule for completion.
- Nanotechnology boosts battery power. // Automotive Engineer;Feb2007, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p45
The article reports on the strategic alliance between the UQM Technologies and Altair Nanotechnologies to launch their full electric sport utility truck (SUT) in the market. UQM has provided a 100 kW electric motor and generator for the SUT, while Altair supplies the 35kWh NanoSafe battery pack...
- TECHNICAL BULLETINS. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Apr2004, Vol. 162 Issue 4, p14
Reports business developments related to metal industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Contract between Altair Nanomaterials Inc. and Titanium Metals Corp.; Partnership between Safe Technology Ltd. and Cosworth Racing; Agreement between ThyssenKrupp Budd Co. and General Motors Corp.